Server read, 9999 ping and o players.

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Nagasuke

Server read, 9999 ping and o players.

Post by Nagasuke »

Okay so this is basically what happened. I turn on my computer to go play some SA-MP. For some reason i can't get on the server because it says that there is a 9999 ping and had zero people playing. What this means is that you're usually banned. Well it happens that i am not banned. And the server still says 9999 and zero playing. Someone help me please?
Thanks
-Naga
So Honbucho of the Yakuza.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: Server read, 9999 ping and o players.

Post by Finn »

The server was recently relocated. I don't know how much you know about how worldwide networks function, but there's a thing called an "occlusion zone" which basically means that one computer can't see another due to the density and concentration of ferrous minerals between the two locations. Essentially, the earth acts as a giant electromagnet, in that case, which means that the signals from some machines will be "bounced" - that is, accelerated in a different direction. This is the phenomenon that accounts for close to 65% of all packet loss.

The best you can hope for is a tectonic shift to alter the presence of minerals between the server and you.
horatio
kinda dump

Post by horatio »

Couldn't have explained it any better than that Finn

Tectonic shifts are not that rare, just hang in there for a bit
Casadina
Game Name(s): im a girl

Post by Casadina »

ahh, so that's what it is
ImageImageImage
Gook
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!

Post by Gook »

Finn wrote:The server was recently relocated. I don't know how much you know about how worldwide networks function, but there's a thing called an "occlusion zone" which basically means that one computer can't see another due to the density and concentration of ferrous minerals between the two locations. Essentially, the earth acts as a giant electromagnet, in that case, which means that the signals from some machines will be "bounced" - that is, accelerated in a different direction. This is the phenomenon that accounts for close to 65% of all packet loss.

The best you can hope for is a tectonic shift to alter the presence of minerals between the server and you.
Smokey_ONeil

Post by Smokey_ONeil »

:pwn:
Van_Hell wrote:so was i will make die all the times bears want this sux.
m_peters

Post by m_peters »

Finn wrote:The server was recently relocated. I don't know how much you know about how worldwide networks function, but there's a thing called an "occlusion zone" which basically means that one computer can't see another due to the density and concentration of ferrous minerals between the two locations. Essentially, the earth acts as a giant electromagnet, in that case, which means that the signals from some machines will be "bounced" - that is, accelerated in a different direction. This is the phenomenon that accounts for close to 65% of all packet loss.