Point claim timer.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Leo_Cash

Point claim timer.

Post by Leo_Cash »

Lower it back to 10. 30 is way too long.
TatsuyaNakajima
The Captain

Re: Point claim timer.

Post by The Captain »

30 mins?Or 30 secs until you claim it?
╔══╗♪
║██║ ♫ ♫
║(●)║
╚══╝
.ılı.-------Volume-------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min●- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
Never stop the music!
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

/claim goes for 30 seconds,

the point still goes for 10 minutes.

Personally, I agree. 30 seconds is too long for a claim to be happening. 10 seconds is too short. 15-20 seconds would be alright, but that's just me.
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Whouaou 30 secs.15 secs are great.
╔══╗♪
║██║ ♫ ♫
║(●)║
╚══╝
.ılı.-------Volume-------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min●- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
Never stop the music!
John_Pendergast

Post by John_Pendergast »

20 is OK too, but 30 isn't bad either. IMO both are better than 10.

Simply because what Ari wrote in the announcement, 10 is just short enough to pin down others while someone runs up and claims.
John Pendergast
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

We're going to leave it like this for a little while and see. From the points I've watched it's a drastic improvement.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Slopko
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Slopii_Pimpins

Post by Slopko »

Saw a point yesterday that the 30 second timer fucked over MagC because they had just killed all the rebelz there and were claiming when: "Rebelz have successfully claimed mat a drop off!"
L
A
T
E
R
S
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Maybe if the point would not end when somebody is claiming it?
Also.... Did the newbie spawn move to? Cause it looks like everyone is going to be able to respawn, rush back to B pickup and kill the claimer before he gets it. Havent seen the point IG yet so I can be wrong.
vikki

Post by vikki »

The new timer encourages people to actually secure the area before claiming instead of rushing in like a pinoy or rebelZZZZ scrub!!

so its a good thing
Last edited by vikki on February 4th, 2010, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davy

Post by Davy »

vikki wrote:The new timer encourages people to actually secure the area before claiming instead of rushing in like a pinoy or rebelZZZZ scrub!!
Exactly.
Leo_Cash

Post by Leo_Cash »

not if you fight with faction that spawns next to the point. It ruins all the fun. Make it 15-20 and it should be OKAY.
TatsuyaNakajima
Darnell_Denroy

Post by Darnell_Denroy »

30 seconds is awesome, now you actually have to work to claim it, not just run in, desync a car and wait 10 seconds. 30 seconds makes it fair
Julius Fontain
Level: 5
Magnolia Crew
Rachael wrote:Moe city was a special case, pretty much added for target practice.
Herb_von_Toker wrote:Are you trying to claim that we work? Fuuuuuuuuck
vikki

Post by vikki »

yakuza has like 500 people on for points, it really shouldn't be an issue for you guys to secure a tiny area
elijah_triggs
Game Name(s): Ran_Li

Post by elijah_triggs »

Yaks will always get the graveyard. They spawn right there haha.
Leo_Cash

Post by Leo_Cash »

vikki wrote:yakuza has like 500 people on for points, it really shouldn't be an issue for you guys to secure a tiny area
we had 4 people fighting with 4 bikers near dillimore, we easily cleared them out but mag c came over and started shooting at us while bikers got the claim, then mag c got killed while bikers cleared out survivors. Chris bell kept dying from friendly fire while he was chicken running away from me. The thing is, if bikers will get the claim first they will keep coming back untill we'll claim. If claimer gets shot at he isn't really going to stay at one position, he'll flee just to survive. They can keep coming back. It's not the numbers issue, 3 of us were able to kill around 8 mag c on the point (they werent even moving while shooting) but they still won because they kept coming back and we didn't really had chance to claim. They won while our LT was claiming, 3 seconds left and claim would be ours but no, Mag c have succesfully claimed the point. 30 is way too long.
Yakuza will have graveyard, bikers will have dillimore and other families will have the points around unless there's no activity from them.
TatsuyaNakajima
vikki

Post by vikki »

sounds like a good balance instead of yakuza dominating every point because they have infinite resources and 20 players with 700 ping
Leo_Cash

Post by Leo_Cash »

vikki wrote:sounds like a good balance instead of yakuza dominating every point because they have infinite resources and 20 players with 700 ping
20 players with 700 ping, lol. Infinte resources? We actually buy that/mat run it so what's the unfair thing here? it's now about who claims first and who has the most people. If it will be a fight 10 vs 10 who claims first wins the point. Did you ever fought in a point battle anyway? you should find something else to do than just trying to be smart on forum.
TatsuyaNakajima
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

I think thats a hyperbole vikki. Nobody in yakuza has 700 ping, not even 400. It will be so easy to get points by yourself... just claim and then leave and you have 30 seconds to rush the claimer and spas him or ram him with a car off the I(I havent seen the points so I dont really know if you can ram claimer with a car or not, but if it's possible, I think ill definitely do it)
Ladarius_Carter

Post by Ladarius_Carter »

Leo_Cash wrote:
vikki wrote:yakuza has like 500 people on for points, it really shouldn't be an issue for you guys to secure a tiny area
we had 4 people fighting with 4 bikers near dillimore, we easily cleared them out but mag c came over and started shooting at us while bikers got the claim, then mag c got killed while bikers cleared out survivors. Chris bell kept dying from friendly fire while he was chicken running away from me. The thing is, if bikers will get the claim first they will keep coming back untill we'll claim. If claimer gets shot at he isn't really going to stay at one position, he'll flee just to survive. They can keep coming back. It's not the numbers issue, 3 of us were able to kill around 8 mag c on the point (they werent even moving while shooting) but they still won because they kept coming back and we didn't really had chance to claim. They won while our LT was claiming, 3 seconds left and claim would be ours but no, Mag c have succesfully claimed the point. 30 is way too long.
Yakuza will have graveyard, bikers will have dillimore and other families will have the points around unless there's no activity from them.
LMAOOOO it was only 3 of us and we only went once just to have fun idk how u get 8 mag c out of 3
Leo_Cash

Post by Leo_Cash »

i'm talking about los flores point, not dillimore one.
TatsuyaNakajima
haz0r
Game Name(s): Dave_Mustaine Kofi_Kingston

Post by haz0r »

Ladarius_Carter wrote:LMAOOOO it was only 3 of us and we only went once just to have fun idk how u get 8 mag c out of 3
aren't you that homeschooled kid
<mrado> kofi are you in a lot of toruble
<&Colorfinger> news just in rushtazing of beargang is now legal
<Keegowned> NOOB COPS
<%tithin> OH HELL YES

<@Juke> i would do my sister
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Isnt he the latvian kid?
vikki

Post by vikki »

he's the homeschooled kid who plays szr for several consecutive days at a time
Admiral_Ackbar

Post by Admiral_Ackbar »

If the timer is going to be 30 seconds, then points should not get claimed while someone is attempting to claim it back.

Vikki never has any valuable input so I don't see why anyone would bother even paying him any mind aside from telling him to eat a barrel of dicks. Which he should.
Why don't you KNOCK IT OFF with them NEGATIVE WAVES?
vikki

Post by vikki »

rude