Pilots license.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Zelgadis Ukille

Pilots license.

Post by Zelgadis Ukille »

Please give Merc's a pilots license, it is very annoying not being able to find people and fly at the same time, I will <3 you forever.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: Pilots license.

Post by Finn »

While you're at it, could you please do the same for drug dealers? Every time I find myself unable to deal directly from my dro-copter, a piece of my soul is wrenched from the raw and searing whole. On the whole, I would say the experience is very annoying.

I, also, will <3 you forever.

Oh, and make it so lawyers can only use the BMX, because they're all a bunch of hippies, anyway. Don't forget: <3. 4eva, even.

EDIT: Incidentally, I think this would be better-served in the "Suggestion" section. With an asterisk.
Brock_Lee

Post by Brock_Lee »

Can everyone have a pilots license and $500000 starting money and a free house and a tank spawn and miniguns and no wait on /find and a tazer and a burger
Jonathan_Ashley

Post by Jonathan_Ashley »

I wouldn't mind being able to purchase a pilot's license for some ridiculous price, but it'd be stupid to just give other professions it. What other reason is there to be a wheelman?
Saginata

Post by Saginata »

I don't like the fact that I can't use merc and fly at the same time, but giving a pilots licence to the merc would be too much. I'd like to be able to buy the pilots licence. The other idea I have is making the /find marker appear for everyone in the vehicle. This way the merc doesn't have to be the driver, and can be in the passenger seat giving the pilot directions.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Saginata wrote:I don't like the fact that I can't use merc and fly at the same time, but giving a pilots licence to the merc would be too much. I'd like to be able to buy the pilots licence. The other idea I have is making the /find marker appear for everyone in the vehicle. This way the merc doesn't have to be the driver, and can be in the passenger seat giving the pilot directions.
Or maybe a separate merc command for any such situation? "/relay [ally#] [target#]" or something?
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Finn wrote:
Saginata wrote:I don't like the fact that I can't use merc and fly at the same time, but giving a pilots licence to the merc would be too much. I'd like to be able to buy the pilots licence. The other idea I have is making the /find marker appear for everyone in the vehicle. This way the merc doesn't have to be the driver, and can be in the passenger seat giving the pilot directions.
Or maybe a separate merc command for any such situation? "/relay [ally#] [target#]" or something?
That's freaking genius!
Lockie_Fantico
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Lockie_Fantico

Post by Lockie_Fantico »

Finn wrote:
Kind of eliminates that whole potential navigator-driver team work through communication though...
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Lockie_Fantico wrote: Kind of eliminates that whole potential navigator-driver team work through communication though...
I had considered that. Also, it cuts into possible roleplay that could occur if, for example, the merc is deliberately misleading the driver. I mean, sure, you could still pinpoint someone other than the intended target, but it loses a certain "frantic comedy duo" charm you get with one guy typing bearings as quickly as he can, as the other guy passes important cross streets.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Juke wrote:I'd love to see a recurring cost on a pilot license. There aren't enough moneysinks right now.
Also... GREG

Why is there a "suggestions and bug reports" forum and then a "suggestions" subforum?
Jazz_Mesa

Post by Jazz_Mesa »

More heli kills await.