idea for guns, drugs, and points

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
SonOfDonkeyman

idea for guns, drugs, and points

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

Points are useless right now, and players can just pull guns and drugs out of their ass so there's not very much demand for them. Here's my idea for a better way to deal with them that would actually introduce scarcity to the game.

1. Remove the Arms Dealer and Drug Dealer jobs. Give any player the ability to sell any weapons or drugs on their person.

2. Remove all materials from the game.

3. Make equipped guns drop on death.

4. Give every point a connection to weaponry or drugs (have a few small arms factories, one or two heavy weapons facilities, a few grow ops, and a crack pipeline.) The gang that controls each of these points will have a shipment of the associated good delivered to their family locker 12 hours after capturing it, and an appropriate amount of cash subtracted from their bank account. These shipments should be large enough to make simply keeping all the goods a very bad investment for the gang. If the gang can't afford it, they can sell the point to another gang before the 12 hours are up.

5. Individual arms and drugs dealers can acquire their merchandise by buying them from gangs, and then reselling them at a markup to other gangs or to private individuals. An idea I've had to facilitate this is to forbid gang members from selling individual weapons or drugs to other gangs; if they want to do so, they have to either use a civilian intermediary or sell them the whole shipment.

This will eliminate most of the tedious poopsocking associated with arms and drug dealing, and might help the economy as a whole by introducing an element of scarcity.
toretto wrote:And to that Abramo idiot donkesson I like how you say "get on the point i got u nigga" when I wasn't the one who said it you are generally an all around faggot who thinks he knows every single thing about SZR and everyone who plays Fuck Off all you haters.
rilbo raggins

Re: idea for guns, drugs, and points

Post by rilbo raggins »

I like it
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

have you been talking to rabs
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

nope, i came up with this myself.
toretto wrote:And to that Abramo idiot donkesson I like how you say "get on the point i got u nigga" when I wasn't the one who said it you are generally an all around faggot who thinks he knows every single thing about SZR and everyone who plays Fuck Off all you haters.
Jay_Vegas
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Jay_Vegas »

Wouldn't the same family be able to keep getting the same point?
Chief K.

I'm an OG.
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

Jay_Vegas wrote:Wouldn't the same family be able to keep getting the same point?
If they keep winning it, yes. Suck less at point battles to prevent this outcome.
Jay_Vegas
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Jay_Vegas »

I mean if they're the only ones with guns couldn't they easily keep reclaiming it, keeping all the guns to themselves till they run out of cash?
Chief K.

I'm an OG.
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

Jay_Vegas wrote:I mean if they're the only ones with guns couldn't they easily keep reclaiming it, keeping all the guns to themselves till they run out of cash?
There would be five or six points that made weapons, which would obviously make it harder to monopolize.
Darnell
Game Name(s): Darnell_Johnson

Post by Darnell »

Do you have to own a point in order to get weapons and drugs? Kinda confused
Last edited by Darnell on June 27th, 2010, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uhm, what the hell is a signature?

Code: Select all

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
What the deuce?
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

That's a good thing because your opinion is pretty worthless.

By the way this seems to me a good idea
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

I am for this idea but this will just give mass-recruiters (hello mag c) a bigger advantage because they have like 10 people that play around the clock.

Good idea though, or just make points worth more because right now you don't get back what you put into fighting them.
Slopko
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Slopii_Pimpins

Post by Slopko »

1/2/3 are cool, 4/5 are stupid.
L
A
T
E
R
S
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

Valentino wrote:I am for this idea but this will just give mass-recruiters (hello mag c) a bigger advantage because they have like 10 people that play around the clock.

Good idea though, or just make points worth more because right now you don't get back what you put into fighting them.
Well, ideally to combat this you could team up with another gang and split the shipment with them. I do agree that mass recruitment would be a problem though, so the admins would have to crack down on shitty gangs that seem to exist only to win points and make money. I honestly think a hard-coded, small member cap for a family (15 members at most) would help the server out by encouraging the growth of multiple smaller gangs.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

rilbo raggins wrote:I like it
╔══╗♪
║██║ ♫ ♫
║(●)║
╚══╝
.ılı.-------Volume-------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min●- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
Never stop the music!
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Or just remove /refine and /make so the points are worth it.
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

BigAssGoat wrote:Or just remove /refine and /make so the points are worth it.
that doesn't remove the fundamental problem with the szr economy of nothing having any noticeable scarcity though.
Slopko
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Slopii_Pimpins

Post by Slopko »

meh
L
A
T
E
R
S
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

3. Make equipped guns drop on death.
Please yes!
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Also that gun drop thing is fucked up. It was coded in a while ago and you could see the whole server at points trying to pick up guns.
PatrickStewart
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by PatrickStewart »

if less guns were made and more were recycled, that's a step in the right direction for the economy
Patrick_Stewart - SANews Network Executive
Robbie Jay
Game Name(s): Robbie_Jay

Post by Robbie Jay »

Great ideea , except #3 ,dropable weapons is not such a good ideea imo .

As for the others ,they are great , no more poopsocking , more point battles , with less poopsocking probably more rp . Nice ideea ,really nice.
stenchman

Post by stenchman »

equipped gun drop on death ruls nuff said
vikki

Post by vikki »

dropping guns on death is absolutely the best thing ever, there's nothing better than scooping up an ak after your pal drops it and killing dudes with it

add gun stats, so like u can name ur gun and engrave shit on it

make a mark on the stock for every man u kill w/ it

if anything dropping guns on death encourages people to use melee combat to kill people and steal their guns at points which Also Owns
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

BigAssGoat wrote:Also that gun drop thing is fucked up. It was coded in a while ago and you could see the whole server at points trying to pick up guns.
this is a bad thing how...? just shoot the scavengers if they really bug you. guns are supposed to be a finite quantity under this system, so they work a lot better if they aren't always lost forever when someone dies.
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Tried shooting all the dudes and they fought back and we lost the point. So yeah
And yes it really bugs you when you're trying to shoot a dude and 5 other people are running around trying to pick his gun when he dies and other 5 dudes are running around you.
Last edited by BigAssGoat on June 28th, 2010, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.