Wheelman,Locksmith/Ammo/Taxi/LSPD garage,cars and more.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Wheelman,Locksmith/Ammo/Taxi/LSPD garage,cars and more.

Post by Hippo Congruency »

Locksmith/Wheelman
------------------
-Add level 6 Locksmith.
-Add 'Parts B and parts C' which both wheelman and locksmith can run.
------------------
Parts:
Change the Lock Parts into Parts A, add a few more parts, parts B and C (Parts A used for locks and trunks, Parts B used to make toolkits, Parts C used to make a code hacker - see below - Gangchats.)
------------------
Level 5 Locksmith/Wheelman will be able to:
Sell locks/trunk levels 1-5.
Make toolkits with parts B. (/maketool or something similiar to that)
Give toolkits to other people with /givetoolkit or something similiar to that.
Make level 1 Lock Kits for vehicles.
------------------
Level 6 Locksmith/Wheelman will be able to:
Sell locks/trunk levels 1-6, level 6 will take 1260 seconds to break.
Make toolkits with parts B, (/maketool or something similiar to that)
Give toolkits to other people with /givetoolkit or something similiar to that.
Make level 1-2 Lock Kits for vehicles.
Level 6 Locks/Trunk will require 60 parts.
------------------
Toolkits:
It will cost $10,000 for 5 parts B every run.
Toolkit 1 - Used to make Lock Kits, requires 30 parts B to make.
Toolkit 2 - Used to break trunks, requires 10 parts B to make.
30 toolkit parts = $60,000. It will cost another $30,000 (minimum) to install the lock kit on a vehicle, also depends on the vehicles value.
5 toolkit parts = $10,000.
------------------
What you can do with toolkits:
Sell them. (/selltool, /selltoolkit, /givetool, /givetoolkit or anything else you can think of)
Use it to break trunks faster.
Make Lock Kits.
------------------
Lock Kits:
Level 1 lock kit:
A vehicle alarm goes off
The LSPD gets a marker with a warning, for example: "Joey_Cracks vehicle is being stolen"
It will take 560 seconds to break.

Level 2 lock kit:
A vehicle alarm goes off
The LSPD gets a marker with a warning, for example: "Joey_Cracks vehicle is being stolen"
It will take 700 seconds to break.
It will take 1260 seconds to break if there are no cops online.
When they succesfully broke the locks, they will not get the code, it will take another 60 seconds to get the code.
------------------
Commands:
/maketool (1-2) (toolkit 1 used to make Lock Kits / toolkit 2 used to break trunks.)
/selltoolkit [PlayerId/PartOfName]
/install lock kit [level 1/2] [PlayerId/PartOfName] confirm
------------------
Breaking trunks with a toolkit:
Level 5 locks/trunk - reduced by 150 seconds.
Level 4 locks/trunk - reduced by 125 seconds.
level 3 locks/trunk - reduced by 75 secnds.
level 2 locks/trunk - reduced by 45 seconds.
------------------
-Level 1 Lock Kit will cost $100,000-$200,000 minimum, it depends on the vehicles value.
-Level 2 Lock Kit will cost $350,000-$500,000 minimum, it depends on the vehicles value.
For example, a level 2 lock kit will cost $1,000,000 for a infernus, or more.
You can locker a toolkit.
You will also be able to buy toolkit 2 (used to break trunks) in the electronic shop but it will cost $25,000-$35,000.

What i've also noticed is, if you install locks on a cheap car, like a walton you dont make any profit, you'll have to ask more money or else you lose money, instead of making it and its easy to get scammed that way,
like, on a walton with 0 dest it costs $76 (i think) for a level 1 lock or trunk, so there it starts already - you lose money, and on level 5 locks or trunk you get $500 and a bit.
So, $200-500 is nothing.
Level 1 locks - increased by $200
Level 2 locks - increased by $300
Level 3 locks - increased by $400
Level 4 locks - increased by $500
Level 5 locks - increased by $550-$1000
On every car

-------------------------------------------

Clamps:
We dont neccesarily have to get rid of destroys with wheelclamps.
Lets bring back the clamps but also keep the destroys.
If your car has been destroyed without insurance, instead of having it respawned with half health, put clamps on it.
Locksmith and Wheelman can remove this, or cops.
Keep /fullrepair to.

This could be the toolkit parts run:
Pick up position: 2210.449707, -2023.118652, 13.546875, 0.
Drop off position: 2207.373779, -2525.871337, 13.546875, 0.
Ammo
Instead of having unlimited ammo, make it limited, When you buy a gun, you automatically get 100-100 to 200-200 bullets.
If you run out of ammo, you'll have to buy more, ammo will require 500 A mats for 200-200 bullets the command is for example /sellammo 200-200 [PlayerId/PartOfName] [Price]
in /sellammo you'll get a few options:
/sellammo 200-200 (500 A materials)
/sellammo 250-250 (750 A materials)
/sellammo 300-300 (1000 A materials)
or you could /sellammo [PlayerId/PartOfName] [amount] [price]
---------------
Taxi
Well, i know this is a admin faction and this probably wont happen, but i'll try anyway.
Make it so you cannot abuse /fare, only admins ofcourse.
Its more like a job, but you'll have to be level 5 to get it.
You can join it like any other job, but you can also keep another job.
You must also be a civilian to join it, and it will cost $10,000 to join and you will have to wait 10 hours before you can quit it.
LSPD garages/Jail:
Garages:
You should be able to break into the LSPD garages, using /breakgarage, you'll need a toolkit (type 2) to break into it, you can buy them from a Locksmith or Wheelman, also from the electronic shop but that will cost more.
It will take 200-600 seconds to break into it.

Breaking out and in jail:(Sammy Sniggs idea)
Breaking into jails would require a toolkit (type 2), once again. First of all, you got to break into the door, it will take 30-60 seconds to break in it, and the door will stay open untill an officer closes it.
They do not get a warning when they're breaking into the door, you'll have to /breakdoor to break into it, when you get at the cells, you would have to /breakjail, the officers will get a warning "Someone is breaking into the cells!" and the suspect will get a wanted star automatically.
it will take 200-560 seconds to break, you can also break into jails when officers are offline, since theres no use to it, but it would take 1000 seconds. If you're a skilled locksmith you can do this faster.
Locksmith level 1: 300 seconds
Locksmith level 2: 275 seconds
Locksmith level 3: 250 seconds
Locksmith level 4: 225 seconds
Locksmith level 5: 200 seconds
Locksmith level 6: 175 seconds
There must be 5 officers online, Traffic Cops dont count, Ridealong Cadets or higher ranks do.
Breaking out of jails would be actually the same, but you'll need someone to smuggle a toolkit in for you, maybe if you can visit someone in jail, it would be possible. An officer would ofcourse have to open the door, and you can give the toolkit to the prisoner
If you think this is easy you're actually wrong, if there are cops online and it would take like 500 seconds or 200 even you almost got no chance of breaking into it.
------------------------------
LSPD cars:
You should be able to break into Cop Cars too, they do not have any trunks but you can /hotwire them, you'll need a Hotwire Kit, which can be bought in the electronic shop.
If you exit the vehicle while breaking it you'll lose the hotwire kit, this works just like breaking housecars/gangcars, only difference is you'll need a hotwire kit.
It will take 120-360 seconds to break, depends on which car it is, the lspd will get a warning someone is stealing one their cars.
cops will not have to install locks on the vehicles. There must be 5 officers online, Traffic Cops dont count, Ridealong Cadets or higher ranks do.
You can obviously not break into seasparrows, any of the LSPD helicopters a SWAT tank (mr. splashy) or cheetahs.
Police Cars (SFPD,LVPD,LSPD,Rancher) - 340 seconds to break.
Enforcer - 340 seconds to break. (do you get full armour when you enter this? if so scrap this one)
FBI truck - 450 seconds to break.
FBI Rancher - 560 seconds to break.
------------------------------
Gangchats:
What if you could "hack" into gangchats, You can only do it when you're a mercenary or locksmith.
Only level 3+ can do this, or you should have 48 playing hours, it requires no levels to hack into it, but you must have the right materials.
To break into it, you must enter a name, like; /hackgchat (name), put in a name of a player, he must be online ofcourse.
Level 1 Locksmith/Mercenary: 95% chance of failing | Seconds before you get the gangchat #: 600
Level 2 Locksmith/Mercenary: 75% chance of failing | Seconds before you get the gangchat #: 500
Level 3 Locksmith/Mercenary: 70% chance of failing | Seconds before you get the gangchat #: 450
Level 4 Locksmith/Mercenary: 65% chance of failing | Seconds before you get the gangchat #: 400
Level 5 Locksmith/Mercenary: 60% chance of failing | Seconds before you get the gangchat #: 350
Level 6 Locksmith/Mercenary: 50% chance of failing | Seconds before you get the gangchat #: 250
Requirments: You can only get this from a Locksmith level 4, a Code Hacker. It would require 30 parts C to make.
-------------------------------
Ropes:
This would be just like /tie, you can buy a rope from the 24/7, but it will cost $30,000. The command would be the same, /tie.
Theres a 45% of failing if the person has no toughness upgrades. and it will take 2-5 seconds before you can succesfully tie someone (ofcourse you can also fail).
Toughness upgrade 0: 45% chance of failing
Toughness upgrade 1: 50% chance of failing
Toughness upgrade 2: 55% chance of failing
Toughness upgrade 3: 60% chance of failing
Toughness upgrade 4: 65% chance of failing.
If you fail or untie someone, you keep the rope.
Boxing:
Theres no point to level your boxing skill now, so what if you can /tackle someone at level 5 Boxing. If you tackle someone, you will be stunned for 3-6 seconds, and then you can /tie them up.
It will take 3 minutes before you can tackle someone again, and you can only tackle someone if he is in a range of 1 meter, and you cannot tackle someone when the person it moving, so it wont be abused.
Theres also chance you'll fail, ofcourse, this will also work with Toughness upgrades.
Toughness upgrade 0: 30% chance of failing.
Toughness upgrade 1: 35% chance of failing.
Toughness upgrade 2: 45% chance of failing.
Toughness upgrade 3: 50% chance of failing.
Toughness upgrade 4: 70% chance of failing.
So basically, if you upgrade your toughness theres less chance someone can succesfully tackle you.
It takes you 2-3 seconds to tackle someone (or you can ofcourse fail), and it should say "/me attempts to tackle First_Last"
Repair Kit:
You can buy this at the Electronic Shop, or buy them from a Wheelman, this will require 10 parts B to make. (see above for more information about this)
At a Electronic Shop, they will cost $20,000-$35,000. This would be usefull, but theres a chance you wont repair your car how it should be, and it will take 3-12 seconds to repair your car.
Theres a 30% chance you'll fail at repairing your car, i dont know if you're able to do this, but your car would either lower down to half health, if your cars health is still higher than half, or gets up to half.
If you fail, you keep the Repair Kit, but you wont be able to use it for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or more, you can make your chances higher by having a skilled wheelman level, and you can repair it faster, but you dont need to have it as your job at that moment.
Level 1 wheelman - 30% chance of failing|70% chance you succesfully repaired your car|Seconds before you repaired your car:12 seconds
Level 2 wheelman - 25% chance of failing|75% chance you succesfully repaired your car|Seconds before you repaired your car:10 seconds
Level 3 wheelman - 20% chance of failing|80% chance you succesfully repaired your car|Seconds before you repaired your car:8 seconds
Level 4 wheelman - 15% chance of failing|85% chance you succesfully repaired your car|Seconds before you repaired your car:7 seconds
Level 5 wheelman - 10% chance of failing|90% chance you succesfully repaired your car|Seconds before you repaired your car:5 seconds
Level 6 wheelman - 5% chance of failing |95% chance you succesfully repaired your car|Seconds before you repaired your car:3 seconds
You can repair your car while driving, but only a passenger can do it, not the driver.
If you're a Wheelman, and you have /repair'ed your car, you can still use your repair kit, using /fix or /fixcar, or something like that, and you can use your repair kit for 2-3 times.

Will edit if i get more ideas.
---------------------------------
Edited - Toolkits and Commands.
Edit 2 - Clamps and locks/trunk prices.
Edit 3 - Added a few more suggestions, Ammo and Taxi.
Edit 4 - Added a few more suggestions again, - LSPD garages/cars and Gangchats, also changed a few things about the parts locksmiths can run.
Edit 5 - Ropes and Boxing.
Edit 6 - LSPD jails
Edit 7 - Changed a few things in LSPD cars and jails
Edit 8 - Changed a few things in Boxing.
Edit 9 - Edited LSPD cars and jails, again.
Edit 10 - Added another suggestion, Repair Kit.
Last edited by Hippo Congruency on November 8th, 2010, 5:59 am, edited 35 times in total.
Hippo Congruency

Re: Wheelman/Locksmith

Edit: see above - (parts run)
Last edited by Hippo Congruency on November 3rd, 2010, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bensco
Game Name(s): Benni_Capelli

Post by Bensco »

I think this is a good suggestion, but i also think that the system we have already works well enough and if its not broken then don't fix it, right. I honestly don't think this would increase Role play all that much to an extent that it needs to be added. People will mostly likely dis-agree with me, but it's just my opinion.
Benni Capelli
Hippo Congruency

Well, it gives locksmiths and wheelmans more to do, earn more money, and ofcourse people who still like to roleplay will give them more to roleplay with.
And we keep the current system, but just add a few things more, its more roleplay.
Lew

Post by Lew »

Nice idea :smug:
Hippo Congruency

Re: Wheelman,Locksmith / Ammo and Taxi.

Added a few more things for arms dealers and for civilians.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

samp 0.3c is being developed, with a lot of new scripting options for vehicles, I will wait until this is released, and then make some changes to the vehicle system.
[IMG]
Hippo Congruency

When do you think it will be released?
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=187756

it might take a few weeks, but it will be worth the wait. Any changes I make after the release will be a lot better than changes I can make now.

eg:

- having to open a cars bonnet to /repair it
- replacing the 'frozen player' hotwire script with unusable engine
- alarms that can go off with horns and lights without the car having a driver ( particularly trunk alarms )
- license plates
[IMG]
Moe

Post by Moe »

Perhaps you should add /engine with a 5 second timer, so people can't evade from fights and stuff unless the engine is already running.
+ a 5-10% chance that the engine won't start.
You have to /engine off to turn off the engine.
Hippo Congruency

Rachael wrote:samp 0.3c is being developed, with a lot of new scripting options for vehicles, I will wait until this is released, and then make some changes to the vehicle system.
What about Ammo, Taxi and the other things i added?
jimmy_jakens
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Sammy_Salsa

Re: Wheelman,Locksmith/Ammo/Taxi/LSPD garage,cars and more.

Post by jimmy_jakens »

Just adding a little idea to this, what if you could break into pd/jail to try and free someone, make it kinda easy since if it were hard then there would be no chance of getting them out since pd agents spawn their+ if it took to much time if it was hard and by the time you were done the person would have only had 60 seconds left or so so.

and for the hacking pd cars make it so that if you are successful you can open the Pd gate with the horn, same with gang cars for example yakuza if you get a hold of one of there gangcars you can open their gates.
Copzor Sammy_Salsa

(ಠ_ಠ)
Rachael wrote:szr.shithou.se
Rachael wrote: [edit] actually forget that idea its dumb
[edit][edit] players are dumb
Hippo Congruency

jimmy_jakens wrote:Just adding a little idea to this, what if you could break into pd/jail to try and free someone, make it kinda easy since if it were hard then there would be no chance of getting them out since pd agents spawn their+ if it took to much time if it was hard and by the time you were done the person would have only had 60 seconds left or so so.

and for the hacking pd cars make it so that if you are successful you can open the Pd gate with the horn, same with gang cars for example yakuza if you get a hold of one of there gangcars you can open their gates.
I'll try to work on that, giving it more details etc.. its a pretty good idea but there will be alot of consequenses ofcourse
also, the gate will be open if you succesfully broke into it.. for about an hour or untill an officer closes it
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

what a giant fucking suggestion holy shit im gonna need multiple readings for this shit
Image~
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

why would somebody sit in a cop car for 20 minutes just to drive it around, and automatically become wanted and be told where you are to the cops 2 minutes into it? Mission impossible or mission pointless...
maybe 5 minutes to hotwire a cop car, 2 minutes to break out of jail.
willio_sayen1 wrote:sadly ima magc boy
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Hippo Congruency

yeah you do got a good point right there, ill try to fix that.. but if this does get added rachael will change it abit ofcourse
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

the main issue I see with making cops even to gangs (yes this is what you're trying to do) is that there's about 10-15 cops and over 1000 players
1 cop is online
10 asians are online

cop spawns, arrests a dude, 9 asians break into the pd and kill the cop. They stand around the pd 'rescuing' the guy in jail, cop runs back, killed. Cop runs back, killed. Repeat.
In what planet or country have you heard of people breaking into police departments and walking out to speak of it?
Even in Mexico, at most, they shoot up the place, they don't storm it.

Ditto for the cars - Someone breaks into the pd, breaking the gate. 10 people (or more) come to hotwire cars at the same time. 1 cop tries to stop them, gets killed. Tries again, dies again. In under 5 minutes, there are no more cop cars for cops to use.

Sure they are neat suggestions and I would love more of a challenge, but with this playerbase you manage to exploit fucking cigars... How do you think 40-50 people vs 1-2 cops will go?
Hippo Congruency

Not if there has to be like 5 cops online to do this, and i'm sure its possible to script that out..
Right now, i see cops actually just driving around almost doing nothing lately, yeah griefing lol, but if this gets added you'll have way more things to do.
i'll work on it anyway, if you see any issues please tell me i'll try to work on it
And breaking into the PD, its not possible to have everything exactly like IRL.. IRL its almost impossible to break in because there are about 100 cops in there, so breaking into it is an alternative option, which gives cops more to do, and for RP purposes, because i'm sure some gangs will actually use this to roleplay

Edit: its actually hard, one guy says it should be easier to break the cops car, the other says it should be harder
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

If there's an anti-grief hardcoded block to exploiting it to fuck with a single cop online with 20 people then that's fine, we can deal with those odds.

5 vs 20 isn't fair but it's fair enough to my liking.

It would have to be very stingy in the anti-exploiting area though because we all know people love exploiting stuff to win against cops
alyssa23

Post by alyssa23 »

Imagine closing up your business for the evening only to discover that your lock is damaged or broken. The last thing you want is to leave your business and assets vulnerable to thieves or vandals. You will need to call a 24-hour locksmith to repair your damaged locks and secure your property.

broomfield locksmith