Police dock

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Moe

Police dock

Post by Moe »

Pretty simple and needed in boat chases

Code: Select all

AddStaticVehicleEx(430,-443.55764771,853.31152344,0.00000000,89.50000000,-1,-1,15); //Predator
CreateObject(17068,-441.17556763,849.22998047,0.72499990,0.00000000,0.00000000,269.96008301); //object(xjetty01) (1)
John_Woody
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): John_Woody

Re: Police dock

Post by John_Woody »

The predators machineguns are overpowered, just give the pd some dighys.
Andrew_David
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Andrew_David

Post by Andrew_David »

John_Woody wrote:The predators machineguns are overpowered, just give the pd some dighys.
no man the problem is the people get boats to evade the cops, the dighys are shit for that, these big boats are too slow it's impossible
and if these predators are added it would be great also locked for "Special Agents" like the seasparrow, it's special too
Infernus Club #1
[00:01:50] ** Newbie Donald_Hamburger: I hear you coding now, you think you can take people's jobs motherfucker? Huh?! **
John_Woody
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): John_Woody

Post by John_Woody »

Andrew_David wrote: no man the problem is the people get boats to evade the cops, the dighys are shit for that, these big boats are too slow it's impossible
and if these predators are added it would be great also locked for "Special Agents" like the seasparrow, it's special too
So if I understood you right, you're saying that dinghys are too slow to chase other dinghys and heavy yachts and you'd take the ability to chase people on boats away from "regular" cops.
So if people think dinghys are too slow, why not take coastguards instead, the performance characteristics of this boat are very close to the predator (and it is superior to the spawn-boats that would be typically used in a chase.) There is seriously no need to put in boats with mounted machineguns, the seasparrow is enough.
Andrew_David
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Andrew_David

Post by Andrew_David »

John_Woody wrote:
Andrew_David wrote: no man the problem is the people get boats to evade the cops, the dighys are shit for that, these big boats are too slow it's impossible
So if I understood you right, you're saying that dinghys are too slow to chase other dinghys and heavy yachts and you'd take the ability to chase people on boats away from "regular" cops.
So if people think dinghys are too slow, why not take coastguards instead, the performance characteristics of this boat are very close to the predator (and it is superior to the spawn-boats that would be typically used in a chase.) There is seriously no need to put in boats with mounted machineguns, the seasparrow is enough.
well you right there could go another police on the boat with an m4 mp5 who knows
Infernus Club #1
[00:01:50] ** Newbie Donald_Hamburger: I hear you coding now, you think you can take people's jobs motherfucker? Huh?! **
Duane_Denroy

Post by Duane_Denroy »

People lag to all hell on a boat, no matter how good your ping is. The waves are different on the drivers screen, so when you are up, they may be down. It causes people to fly off too easily. I was going to post this suggestion, but then I got lazy. Any problems for it being too overpowered are contained by it being limited to the water, and only certain ranks can use it.
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

You can shoot boats with a seasparrow.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

BigAssGoat wrote:You can shoot boats with a seasparrow.
boats are much much faster
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Seasparrows can fly over land.....
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

seeing as you've never flown one i guess you think it's fast and deadly... it's twice as slow as a maverick

also flying over land, big whoop. Drive in a straight line with a boat, live forever
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

same goes for shamals so why dont you ask for a hydra too?
just catch people before they get to a boat or let them drive their boat and wait for them to come back to the land...?
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

I think the idea is that people shouldn't be invincible if they just decide to drive in a straight line in a boat forever to elude us, a problem you still haven't resolved with any of those suggestions. If you think that won't happen, we're talking about the same server where people will switch to wheelman and spend an hour in a helicopter just to avoid five minutes in jail or a shootout. That is not nearly as possible now that helicopters aren't public, but hey, what does that matter when you have something just as good (and probably faster) that you don't even need to have a special job to operate?
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

all you really need is a fast boat

get out of the driver seat and shoot the guy while you coast a while

repeat
Moe

Post by Moe »

Lets say this dude has the same boat as I have and is impossible to catch up with, once you actually catch up with him, you loose him because you have to constantly f in and out, then if this guy is a wheelman so he would be uncatchable.
If the guy can't repair and is low on HP, they'd probably do something like this:
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

you're right if you had a predator he wouldn't have logged to avoid
vikki

Post by vikki »

i think the admins want people to be able to escape police guys, otherwise there's no point in having the arrest function anyway and we could just use the autopunishment systems other servers have
SHE HULK
SHE HULK SMASH

Post by SHE HULK »

Maybe have fuel on boats, so they can't evade forever, and maybe same with aircraft
Rico_Shirazi1 wrote:i know play Rp
Elchulo for Admin
Rob

Post by Rob »

anybody evading in aircraft is already going to be impossible to catch if they have the shamal (even with the harrier) and there's really no way to do anything about that fact. if you want pd to be really anal about catching people (seeing as how they haven't even bothered to stop people from shooting each other there's no indication that this will ever happen) then give them a rustler

rustler can be used against boats as well problem solved

ps any fuel idea for anything is terrible and deserves to be left back in 2006 where it belongs
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed