New feature for the TAZER!

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Chris_Fenne

New feature for the TAZER!

Post by Chris_Fenne »

So honestly i do think this would be 1million times better then the current "/tazer" command.

Basically you don't use a command with this one, You have too SHOOT THEM to taze them, Maybe an SDPISTOL would be fit for the job? Hit them it tazes them.. Basically it adds ALOT more RP to the game, Instead of just running near that player and using /tazer.

With this, When you hit them with your weapon it sends them to the floor, "Basically like using the /crack command, Using that animation would be good". Then that officer would be able to detain/cuff them.

This is obviously more like the real thing isn't it? Tell me what you guys think, and hopefully it gets added for you!

(Yes i have quit, But i'm allowed to forum right?)
AWHHH FUCK ME I CANT FUCKING DO IT SHHHHHIIIIITTTT
SamSawmill
kinda dump

Re: New feature for the TAZER!

Post by SamSawmill »

So it would give you infinite range of tazing someone?
Kobayashi wrote:Problem solved had to re-install my pc!
Silver_Leo wrote: maybe we should also put in /usainbolt to run 10 times faster than everyone
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

This has been suggested before and refused on the grounds that making it possible to chicken run out of getting tazed is retarded. Also I'm honestly not even sure if it's technically possible to code.
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

It is.
Mariano Agate
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Mariano Agate »

It is possible to code, I've seen it in many other servers. He probably saw this while playing somewhere else.

Imagine trying to taze someone with a moon ping!
Rob

Post by Rob »

just disable tazing for people who are in the entering car animation and you're pretty much golden for removing 90% of complaints
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Chris_Fenne

Post by Chris_Fenne »

Mariano Agate wrote:It is possible to code, I've seen it in many other servers. He probably saw this while playing somewhere else.

Unless you can't lagshoot like yourself?
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

Chris_Fenne wrote:
(Yes i have quit, But i'm allowed to forum right?)
Why should you care?
However, the idea is pretty good.
Biffalo_Bull

Post by Biffalo_Bull »

Rob wrote:just disable tazing for people who are in the entering car animation and you're pretty much golden for removing 90% of complaints

Actually pretty valid. As much as I hope it doesn't happen, you are right in saying it would cut the amount of complaints.
Just a pain in the ass to arrest someone who keeps jumping from car to car for like 40 minutes. I guess you could argue that tazing someone jumping into a car is the same as breaking the window before tazing...Just saying, no need to blast me about it.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

The way I see it, if someone is jumping in a car, it's more than possible to taze them in the time where they're opening the door, entering, turning the car on, etc. One does not automatically become immune to electricity just because they're stepping into a vehicle, with a large part of their body still exposed to the outside.

Also my bad on the "it might not be possible" thing. Guess I've just never seen or heard of it. Even so, I see no compelling reason to change the system. It's always worked just fine the way it has, and the only time anyone complains is when they get tazed while entering a car, which (as I've explained above) is pretty easy to justify using two seconds of critical thought.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

To do this, you would have to permanently replace a gun (probably the colt since we don't use it), and along with the other factors listed above, it seems rather pointless to work through the code and the bugs thereafter.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Chris_Fenne wrote:
Mariano Agate wrote:It is possible to code, I've seen it in many other servers. He probably saw this while playing somewhere else.

Unless you can't lagshoot like yourself?
People who connect using the internet from their cellphone don't even have a lag spot. You should know it as you're one of them.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

what about simply adding a player facing angle calculation to the existing system?

ie the tazer will only work if you are roughly facing the suspect.
[IMG]
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

So if someone is within, say, a 120 degree spread around the front of a cop, you can taze, but otherwise it "misses"? That sounds like a far more reasonable compromise, though I still worry about idiots adapting to chickenrunning out of tazers. The spread makes that a lot less likely to be a problem though, and I do admit that it doesn't make a lot of sense to be able to taze someone directly behind you.
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

A lot of people will just run around a corner, turn 180, and run back again. By the time you turn the corner, they're running past you. I think there could be a lot of unfair shit to get out of that, but I think it could be worth a shot.
willio_sayen1 wrote:sadly ima magc boy
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Boris_Stoyanov

Post by Boris_Stoyanov »

there can be a command like /holster or something which turns the cop's deagle into sdpistol which is the taser then /holster again and the taser-sdpistol turns back into the cop's deagle, and if you hit someone with it from too far away it should just say "misses" and if they chickenrun around you take fraps or Screenshots and get them warned. Or there should be a bigger punishment if you chickenrun to avoid a taze. Also i've seen it on other RP servers and it's a good idea.
Chris_Fenne

Post by Chris_Fenne »

hope it gets added,im fucked up rioght now, really bad, but hope it does.. gene luv u xx merry xmas talk when it's out of my sysrem
vikki

Post by vikki »

Rachael wrote:what about simply adding a player facing angle calculation to the existing system?

this would own, also decrease the range a little bit imo

and make it so you can't taze anyone aiming a gun
Chris_Fenne

Post by Chris_Fenne »

vikki wrote:
Rachael wrote:what about simply adding a player facing angle calculation to the existing system?

this would own, also decrease the range a little bit imo

and make it so you can't taze anyone aiming a gun
viki owns, end off y know! DRUNK TO FOOOOOOOK
Boris_Stoyanov

Post by Boris_Stoyanov »

Lovin' the idea.