Clothes?

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Kewson

Clothes?

Post by Kewson »

SA:MP has advanced in some ways now. There's custom hats, tazers for cops, bandanas, police vests, and other cool things. I see that rags were added for MERC only, which kinda makes no sense. How about a clothes store to buy these things instead of having to go merc just to use a mask or any other custom object?
Lockie_Fantico
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Lockie_Fantico

Re: Clothes?

Post by Lockie_Fantico »

Kewson wrote:SA:MP has advanced in some ways now. There's custom hats, tazers for cops, bandanas, police vests, and other cool things. I see that rags were added for MERC only, which kinda makes no sense. How about a clothes store to buy these things instead of having to go merc just to use a mask or any other custom object?
For the same reason you can't use Ammunation to buy guns?
Jack_Cook

Post by Jack_Cook »

Ye, would be nice to buy that all stuff in clothes store ! But to avoid so that all newbies won't have hats and bandanas, and sunglasses could make it expensive !
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

As cool as customising your character would be, this takes a lot of effort to script.

Why?

Theres something close to 290-300 skins, I'm geussing that there are very few skins that are similar, most skins are different heights, fat/thin, you get my point. Having to script where to position each piece of clothing for each different skin is just way too much work.

Unless Rachael or Salmon creates a system where you can adjust the positioning of clothing by yourself, I geuss this would take a lot of effort too.

I'm also geussing various different clothes wouldn't even fit on some skins.

It's a decent idea, but I don't see it happening.

(If I'm completely wrong about the level of difficulty it would take, correct me. I'm just pulling this out from my basic scripting knowledge).
Kewson

Post by Kewson »

Valentino wrote:As cool as customising your character would be, this takes a lot of effort to script.

Why?

Theres something close to 290-300 skins, I'm geussing that there are very few skins that are similar, most skins are different heights, fat/thin, you get my point. Having to script where to position each piece of clothing for each different skin is just way too much work.

Unless Rachael or Salmon creates a system where you can adjust the positioning of clothing by yourself, I geuss this would take a lot of effort too.

I'm also geussing various different clothes wouldn't even fit on some skins.

It's a decent idea, but I don't see it happening.

(If I'm completely wrong about the level of difficulty it would take, correct me. I'm just pulling this out from my basic scripting knowledge).
You could actually make objects taller,shorter,thiner,larger, by playing with the x,y,z functions.
bcc

Post by bcc »

that only changes an object's position on a plane, not the object's dimensions
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

The only thing that "might" be possible to do with lesser effort is hats/sunglasses. Maybe even the dogtags/gold chains from SP. Not sure if they're an object though....

That'd be pretty cool.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

[IMG]
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

The servers that have this implemented let players change all the values themselves

The problem with that solution is people will be sending help requests all day because they can't figure it out, and when they do they'll have objects coming from their crotch.
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

God no!
Montel_Chilliams
Donut Chaser

Post by Montel_Chilliams »

Hell yes! Hopefully we can play with it a little bit.
aron9forever wrote:i am a big jerk and i usually act dumb
What did we learn here? you suck more than me :dogout:
vikki

Post by vikki »

add a job who can do it to other players but they have to be trained by admin or something idk
Montel_Chilliams
Donut Chaser

Post by Montel_Chilliams »

Yes add Tailoring!
aron9forever wrote:i am a big jerk and i usually act dumb
What did we learn here? you suck more than me :dogout:
Joel_Alien

Post by Joel_Alien »

taylor gang nigga