old szr [WITH POLL]

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.

What was better SZR pre-MH or now?

Before Mat Handler.
79%
How it is now!
21%
I wasn't around before Mat Handler.
No votes

Total votes: 29

Bankwell

old szr [WITH POLL]

Post by Bankwell »

this is mainly aimed at all of the old players, maybe it's just me because these were the days i enjoyed the most... but can't we all agree that the times in Los Santos were better? before this script was all forced RP and was more based off of what you made it? everybody says that this server is only as fun as you make it... but it seems like the script is built to have all of the fun for us...
Last edited by Bankwell on April 24th, 2011, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willio_sayen1 wrote:sadly ima magc boy
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Carlo Castillo
Game Name(s): Kaji_Kazama

Re: old szr

Post by Carlo Castillo »

I agree with you on this, but shit changed. They wanted to find ways around the poopsocking, exploiting, and lack of roleplay. Going to have to bite the bullet on this one as I don't see the admins would change all their hard work over the months.
Yakuza

Kaji_Kazama - Saiko-Komon
lukesea
Donut Chaser

Post by lukesea »

weve also got to remember that the majority of the players are now quite anti-rp, hence the new forced rp
<Jay_Vegas> im actually normal height

<somone77> I always saw BMF of having the most potential of any of the other families
<somone77> They didn't suck.
Tylotriggs
Game Name(s): Tylo_Triggzao

Post by Tylotriggs »

a lot of stuff has been changed around, changing it back is like putting hard work to waste.
Westy

Post by Westy »

I wish we had the old house system back.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8zBZ5tt4E[/youtube]

Video made by Raekwon Jones.

[22:54:58] Matt_Allen says: Daniel, I think that you are a retard.
[22:55:02] Matt_Allen says: Is it true?
[22:55:09] Daniel_Wilson says: Yes
[22:55:27] Daniel_Wilson says: its a true
Robbie Jay
Game Name(s): Robbie_Jay

Post by Robbie Jay »

The old days were awesome but as everyone said i don't think we'll see all the hard work put into this script be ignored and the script replaced with the old one (if it still exists).
The new script can be sold i guess but we don't have any power to decide what will happen to the server.
Terrence
Donut Chaser

Post by Terrence »

Westy wrote:I wish we had the old house system back.
I think he's referring to players from 08-9.

Moving to LS isn't going to fix any problems, it's just going to be the same thing all over again, people start hanging around at unity and some guy will roleplay from time to time. Before all the accounts were wiped, people had their sweet e-money, awesome cars and whatnot, and people were happy with their e-lives. Sure, people came back, made a new accounts and poopsocked their asses off, but people just gave up on roleplay.

Changing cities back then didn't help, and to be honest, it won't help now either.
People may go back to roleplaying at unity and other places, but with all the new members that can't even spell simple words, it's going to take time.

EDIT:
Oh and yeah, the old house/car system wasn't as complicated, and you could blow your car up as many times as you wanted.
And you can't go on a stunting spree without being really careful or going on a stunting server; and that sucks.
Raul Parker
Aiden Davis
Jay_Vegas
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Jay_Vegas »

SZRs more fun when nobodys ridiculously rich.
Chief K.

I'm an OG.
Dig_Bicks
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!

Post by Dig_Bicks »

this thread is the same fucking thing as WESTY's BACK ME LS thread. why did you make a new one?
[16:45] <mrado> Nutt3rz: can i have naked pictures of you

[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: Who knoes Gia_Sorrentino **
[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: He fuckign Pwns **
Siente_MiPolla wrote:This topic sucks and yall can go furnicate yourself.
somone77
Game Name(s): Leonardo Ricci

Post by somone77 »

Dig_Bicks wrote:this thread is the same fucking thing as WESTY's BACK ME LS thread. why did you make a new one?
Westy's thread had 3 other suggestions that seemed to have gotten ignored. This thread is for the one specific suggestion of not only moving back to LS but going back to an old system.
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

How would that fix the kosamk problem anyway
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

i'm not necessarily saying it will fix our problem with the aliens, but i think with a script that is forcing roleplay on everybody, it is giving off the sense that we don't need to roleplay because the script does it for us. the poopsocking is still there, all the problems are still in the script, everything is just automated now. the thing that made szr so great was being able to live in a tree, being able to drive your car and explode it 100000000 times without having to go talk to an arabic lawyer who only knows how to say "insure u?" or something stupid. obviously admins don't care about roleplay that much when they're giving out a family to a bunch of arabs when a family should be something with some prestige and should basically be the ones who lead the roleplay of the server. sure, there's a lot of hard work that has gone into the script, but have you realized that this hard work has been the down fall of szr and it isn't really helping anything? i don't think szr really got it's "free roam" insult until after all of these nifty features were added.
i guess this suggestion is really just suggesting to bring szr back to how it was when families were prestigious, point battles were fun, houses in trees and skyscrapers were allowed, and everything was just in general a better feeling. and like people have suggested before, myself included, why not a little more enforcement on roleplay by atleast a roleplay monitor or something, or atleast the players could take a stand and start yelling at all of the retards who don't roleplay for shit.
sure, this game is what the players make it, but we can only work with what we're given. the old features were fun, these features are boring. szr used to be like a hollywood town, stunting in your car, crazy and whacky things always going on, and for the most part, people enjoying roleplay because they enjoyed the server.

edit: and i'm guessing there are a lot more people who would support this than say it's a bad idea. atleast the old players who spoke english, had their head on straight, and liked to roleplay would agree anyway.
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Ron

Post by Ron »

Bankwell wrote:but it seems like the script is built to have all of the fun for us...
new generation of roleplay, roles play you now, in an attempt to resist will get you killed. literally by others.

but yeah, wish to have a script roll back to '09 for a weekend would be legendary.
spurt of splooge to the eye
Terrence
Donut Chaser

Post by Terrence »

Well spoken Bankwell, totally agree with every word.
Raul Parker
Aiden Davis
Nelson_Green
Game Name(s): Sasuki_Yamazaki

Post by Nelson_Green »

Oh old days how i miss them. Would love to see them again. But i guess what was in the past stays in the past. Agree with you Bankwell.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

The good ol' days when the majority of people were chill, when the majority of people weren't youths of Arabic descent.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Dan_Platus

Post by Dan_Platus »

You're all morons....

Everyone talks about how they had fun in the "old days" and blah blah blah.....

When you were enjoying the server, there was the old players saying "I miss the old times" and all the shit you're doing right now.

Basically you get bored and you want to look for something new, but after playing SA:MP for a really long time you just can't always find something new and you get bored.....

"The old farts" "Idlehood disciplines" and much more.....Faces of you just getting bored and trying something new then the idea died.

You enjoyed those moments because pretty much you were developing your skills and having fun in something new for you, but then you just get bored.

Just think....When I joined the server the old players like Rho, Eddie, and a bunch of dudes that were famous were on the edge of leaving. Note:That was on '08...

Basically shut the fuck up and stop saying shit like "Oh man the old days" "Oh man, I'm getting an orgy just thinking about the old days"

Stick to one thing, at least....

PS:When you first joined, you were the "Arabs" for the old players at that time....Just a new face of you trying to fit in. Right, Tyrone?
Last edited by Dan_Platus on April 24th, 2011, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

the great memories you associate with szr have nothing to do with it being in los santos and everything to do with the fact that 2 years ago you had a lot more people who spoke english and seemed to be on board with being interesting characters rather than poopsocking, guntoting dicks. we could go back to los santos, back to fort carson, over to las venturas, down to angel pine, and nothing would change if the people stay the same.

at this point all we can do is examine the arab population and determine which among them can learn and be productive members of our roleplay society and which refuse to speak english and stop poopsocking and deathmatching anyone shiny enough to catch their eyes. the latter group needs to be griefed off of the server, and in that regard i am doing my part :patriot:

what additions to the gamemode in the past year you consider forced roleplay? i am curious
Joel_Alien

Post by Joel_Alien »

Jimothy_Rome wrote: what additions to the gamemode in the past year you consider forced roleplay? i am curious
i'm guessing they probably mean ACTUALLY HAVING TO START YOUR CAR, OHMYGOD. and not being able to repair while in a car, etc...
Drey_Rogers
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Post by Drey_Rogers »

Dan_Platus wrote:When you first joined, you were the "Arabs" for the old players at that time....Just a new face of you trying to fit in. Right, Tyrone?
:suicide: that reminded me of every single shit i did in 2010
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Dan Platus wrote:When you were enjoying the server, there was the old players saying "I miss the old times" and all the shit you're doing right now.
We are talking about before most of these people are around..... just as the server was starting. The difference is the attitudes of players. Now SZR is full of Arabic trolls that have little to no social lives.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

Dan_Platus wrote:When you first joined, you were the "Arabs" for the old players at that time....Just a new face of you trying to fit in.
holy fuck, and you're calling us the morons..? when i first joined i spoke english, didn't kill everything and sight, and wasn't seen as the huge problem that is fucking the whole server.
i think what we all truely enjoyed was a simple server that had huge space for open ended roleplay.

forced roleplay and automated roleplay that none of us enjoy:
insurence
the whole car system in general
buying/renting a house
the whole house system in general
/f /r /g made public
im too lazy to look through everything thats been added in the last half year...
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

i'm not sure if a lot of that falls under "forced roleplay." the only place i agree with you is on houses, but only partially. i'd like some sort of way where you can designate a location and pick your interior but still allow multiple occupants and that whole renting thing.

i prefer multiple cars to the one housecar at a time thing from a year ago. you may not enjoy insurance, but it's designed to lessen housecar immortality. i dont know if that's a good thing or not. i can see how if you just wanted to chill out and drive around without rolling your expensive pixel car, insurance would be a problem, but once you're familiar with how things work it's just an extra expenditure of internet dollars.

after typing all that shit i realized that the stuff that's been added in the past year may not make it easier for people to win the game, but it does make it really easy for other people to lose. breaking car locks and trunks, stealing someone else's weed plants, all of that shit just makes it easier for people to grief each other. szr was already slanting poopsock heavy in 2009 and early 2010 and all we really did was make it easier for people who wanted to do nothing but accumulate poop to do so.

yeah uh i think i just convinced myself to agree with you. go back to the gamemode just before mat handler was added. burn it all to the ground
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

i was going to include the things like breaking locks and trunks and all of those types of things for the griefing purpose, but some people i would figure would be against that. i just think that the simple game mode that we were using before was perfect for the light rp that szr has always given off. rachael's magic, although it's great work, doesn't have that szr feel that so many before have liked.
glad you can partly see it my way. the majority of players know that what we had before mat handler was definitely much better than what we have now, maybe not in the sense of great new features, but in the sense of "we're szr, not valhalla"
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Nelson_Green
Game Name(s): Sasuki_Yamazaki

Post by Nelson_Green »

Well spoken :allears: