Things that need changing.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Robbie Jay
Game Name(s): Robbie_Jay

Things that need changing.

Post by Robbie Jay »

Well, i see SZR is doing worse than ever at this moment, as much as this is caused by the spring and fun time outside it is also caused by some changes that have been brought on the server to try and reduce poopsock.
While you're trying to reduce the amount of poopsocking you are making people leave or lose interest in playing.

The penalty for going afk is ridiculous. People get bored while ingame every now and than and decide to check the forums or their facebook or whatever, so they used to go to a safe spot, tab out, check them and come back in to see if anything interesting occured. Now they would rather log out, and once they log out, people always find something else to do. And so the population goes down...
Poopsockers that went afk and waited for their paychecks also helped quite alot, they helped with numbers, the more the players online the more the urge to go online yourself.

Second would be that nasty flocker. While really helpfull for families nowadays, it does nothing but to increase the poopsockery (since people have a huge storage for the mats). It also makes wars uninteresting and endless, having a huge amount of supplies that you can always get back when your enemies are offline. I remember wars where people had to use diversions to keep some of their enemies away from the ones running mats, and wars where a family had to have members cooperating and contribuing with materials from their own lockers for the war.

Third, the posibility to store an infinite amount of money in your bank. It's always been like this but it has if it would be limited to let's sy 10 milions or the amount for the most expensive thing on SZR, it might force people to spend a little money instead of stacking it. I don't know if people raeched over 10 mil in their bank but they can, and some poopsockers wont stop until they will.

EDIT: This one is directed to the players (mostly the ones that knowmost of SZR's history), we need to start mobilizing and trying to get some good gangs going, stop joining vagos and ballas and start atleast a gang or two with decent players. I'll be playing again so if you want my help i'll be available.

Hope i made my points clear and i hope you'll take them into consideration, it might bring an improvement, even if it is a slight one.
Last edited by Robbie Jay on May 24th, 2011, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaPaza

Re: Things that need changing.

Post by LaPaza »

Good job Robbie
The King is not dead !!!
Dig_Bicks
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!

Post by Dig_Bicks »

TL:DR poopsocking gives us stuff to do, without stuff to do we log off.

The new weed system is a good example of encouraging players to log off instead of keeping them busy. Plant weed for 15 minutes, log off for 18 hours.
[16:45] <mrado> Nutt3rz: can i have naked pictures of you

[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: Who knoes Gia_Sorrentino **
[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: He fuckign Pwns **
Siente_MiPolla wrote:This topic sucks and yall can go furnicate yourself.
Freddo_Brazzi
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Freddo_Brazzi »

I support this
Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

I like this

Anyway, the thing that really sucks at the moment is some gangs having flockers and most don't, it gives an unfair advantage.. Well I might be wrong but I have seen like two or three flockers around.
Drey_Rogers
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Post by Drey_Rogers »

Dig_Bicks wrote:The new weed system is a good example of encouraging players to log off instead of keeping them busy. Plant weed for 15 minutes, log off for 18 hours.
yes. Also the old weed planting system and the crack factory were great, even if it only took like 20 minutes for the pot to grow you had to guard it because people knew where to search.
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
Admiral_Ackbar

Post by Admiral_Ackbar »

If you don't use a car for so long it expires and you can no longer use it until an admin respawns it for you.

I don't know where anybody thought that was a good idea, but people play this game to earn things. Sure, they might not play for a while and so a lot of vehicles end up not getting used; but I don't see why long time players should be punished just for taking a break.

Losing your vehicles is a nice kick to the face. Even if some NEW script were thought up that rocked the socks off any other, who would want to come back if they lost everything?
Why don't you KNOCK IT OFF with them NEGATIVE WAVES?
willio_sayen1

Post by willio_sayen1 »

people just gettin bored of san andreas, its a 2004 game
Youtube Video: show
but ramses is not dancing he does not dance at the parties
Dig_Bicks

Post by Dig_Bicks »

willio_sayen1 wrote:people just gettin bored of san andreas, its a 2004 game
Ya that's why there's still over 3500 players playing on 163 samp servers daily, right? That's just a bullshit lame excuse, Willio.

Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

all of these things were added for a reason, in fact most of them were added to directly combat exploits.
Admiral_Ackbar wrote:If you don't use a car for so long it expires and you can no longer use it until an admin respawns it for you.
This only happens when I do it with SQL. I did it because there were over 1500 vehicles that had been purchased and never used again.
[IMG]
Dom
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Dom »

willio_sayen1 wrote:people just gettin bored of san andreas, its a 2004 game
god i love it when people say shit like this

look at some of the more "official" servers; they hit their server cap of 500 daily.

you're right, everyone's bored of samp
<Report> [report] Dominic_Cattano (3): i am Hacker
Dig_Bicks

Post by Dig_Bicks »

Rachael wrote:
Admiral_Ackbar wrote:If you don't use a car for so long it expires and you can no longer use it until an admin respawns it for you.
This only happens when I do it with SQL. I did it because there were over 1500 vehicles that had been purchased and never used again.
Maybe there should be a way to buy back your expired vehicles in game without having to request an admin to do so? Lots of people take long breaks from szr/samp and come back to find their shit gone and then they leave for good.

Freddo_Brazzi

Post by Freddo_Brazzi »

don't emptyquote or you'll lose your posting abilities, thanks

-ari
Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

Zaph wrote:These are the forum rules. Follow them or risk being BANNED/PUNISHED. Thanks.
• Don't empty quote
Read the new forum rules, Freddo. http://www.szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtop ... 66&t=23792