Returning the real (szr 2009) los santos

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Freddo_Brazzi
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Returning the real (szr 2009) los santos

Post by Freddo_Brazzi »

The thought of returning to los santos made many people want to come back, which they did...but.
Everything's gone totally different :
Job locations, 24 7s, bank, the unity is gone, all these = doesnt make the prewipe players feel at home like they used to. Having the same job locations, 24 7s, interiors, lockers, would make it much easier for old players to start again. This world's filled with lazy people, including myself sometimes.

Anyhow, i just thought changing the job locations back to were they belong would be a good idea, make real old szr players feel more at home. This modified Los Santos does no good.

Readers, if you support, reply with a "support", and if you don't , reply with a "no".
Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Gizmo

Re: Returning the real (szr 2009) los santos

Post by Gizmo »

SUPPORT
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

SUPPORT
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Totally old-school SZR: Crack Den point!

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
SoapMacTavish

Post by SoapMacTavish »

2009 car system? SUPPORT
Soap_McTavish
Level 13
RedSuns
Level 6 Mercenary
Level 5 Lawyer
Level 5 Arms Dealer
Level 5 Drug Dealer
Level 6 Mechanic
Level 5 Fisherman
Level 5 Boxing
Level 5 Dropcar
Level 5 Prostitute
Daniel_Paul
Game Name(s): Daiki Shinobu

Post by Daniel_Paul »

Support also bring back old car systems.
Danger Joined: August fuken 23rd, 2008, 3:04 pm

Daiki_Shinobu
Level 11
Civ
Level 6 Mercenary
Level 5 Lawyer
Level 1 Arms Dealer
Level 5 Drug Dealer
Level 6 Mechanic
Level 5 Fisherman
Level 5 Boxing
Level 5 Dropcar
Level 1 Prostitute
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Hippo Congruency »

support
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Why do you want 2009 or whatever SZR? I'm willing to hear out reasons, but it just sounds like nostalgia is the main reason to me.
<Ando> lets fucking make out.
)) <> ((
Dig_Bicks
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!

Post by Dig_Bicks »

It is the only reason Zaph, and we already tried 2009 szr LS for a day, everyone hated it.

Personally...Los Santos is a fucking boring town that we have all played for years, it's way too big for our population size, and it feels like a deserted town every time I log in to see 20 players online, drive around for an hour and see maybe 2 people.

If you're going to waste any effort changing stuff move us back to SF, because only the retarded nostalgia fuckers wanted to go back to LS in the first place, and where are they now that the nostalgia wore off again? Not playing SZR that's for sure.
[16:45] <mrado> Nutt3rz: can i have naked pictures of you

[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: Who knoes Gia_Sorrentino **
[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: He fuckign Pwns **
Siente_MiPolla wrote:This topic sucks and yall can go furnicate yourself.
Hajima_Sugeyami
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Hajima_Sugeyami

Post by Hajima_Sugeyami »

We also want to return the old 24/7's and hot spots where majority of the players used to hang out. All I see is everyone scattered driving about or just mat running. We need to reform atleast a bit of roleplay back into Los Santos the way it really used to be.

We all remember the Unity, a very populated area where most of the dealing of drugs/materials took place. It was also a great place to show off your rides and chill to smoke a blunt. I've asked many of the people around here whether they wanted the old Unity locker and 24/7 back and most of them were supportive and answered "yes".

The pictures I'm going to show below are places that have been requested to be brought back into Los Santos! Enjoy :)

Unity 24/7

Unity Locker

Another thing that has been requested is to bring back the old bank or to add a second bank by keeping the bank which is south of Los Santos and to bring back the old one which was to the north near the Vinewood sign.

Old Bank

I've been surveying around and a lot of people have been asking "Where is the 24/7". I see that most of the 24/7's are in unuseal places and not many people know about that. There should be more 24/7's for example: The Yoshimart and Sici Store were popular places which many people have questioned to where they have gone.

Yoshimart

Sici Store

Here are some more 24/7's that have not been added since we have moved

Grove Street 24/7

The 24/7 near the PD

I personally would like to see the Market Station locker return, a long with the cars which were there. I don't know if any other people want this but I find it hard to find any locker place apart from the old paintball.

Here is two pictures of the old Market Station locker spot

Another thing that has sadly gone is the old SaNews building. I miss the old antenne dish which look awesome. I think it was a perfect place to have SaNews even though I know this is a stupid request. Personally I'd like to see the old building back with the "Tresspassers will be shot" gates aswell. :)

Old SaNews Building

Hopefully these spots return. We need to bring life back into Los Santos and jazz it up a little, bring back betsy, the turtle!

Hajima.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free

Zaph, the only reason is that people just want change. It doesn't matter how they get it, or what it is, but they just want change. If you look back to the polls about moving to Fort Carson, EVERYONE wanted to do it. When we got to Fort Carson, everyone wanted to move to San Fierro. And about three weeks after we moved to San Fierro, everyone was starting to complain that they want to move back to Los Santos.

People are just never happy, and will ask for things before actually thinking them through. Take the day that we rolled back to the 09 script for example. People were saying how awesome it would be to roll back, but when we did, people HATED it.

TL;DR - People are whiny bitches and ask for stuff before thinking it through.

Edit: Rollback example ninja'd by Slopko.

Edit two: I could possibly live with this:

Edit three (Yeah that's alot):
"Hopefully these spots return. We need to bring life back into Los Santos and jazz it up a little, bring back betsy, the turtle!"
Honestly? You think that putting things back to how they were for a year and a half will "Jazz it up"? It is comments like these that make me want to stop existing.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Westy

Post by Westy »

I would like the 2009 script as I remembered it was fun back then, but maybe if your going to put it back to the 2009 script maybe you could patch up alot of major things.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8zBZ5tt4E[/youtube]

Video made by Raekwon Jones.

[22:54:58] Matt_Allen says: Daniel, I think that you are a retard.
[22:55:02] Matt_Allen says: Is it true?
[22:55:09] Daniel_Wilson says: Yes
[22:55:27] Daniel_Wilson says: its a true
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Bringing back the old script won't magically make people RP more.
)) <> ((
Westy

Post by Westy »

Zaph wrote:Bringing back the old script won't magically make people RP more.
Word, but I couldnt careless which script we have as I like any, but maybe you should have a vote or something if thats what the server is wanting, but i can guarantee half of the people who voted for 09 script will be wanting the new script back after a few days.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8zBZ5tt4E[/youtube]

Video made by Raekwon Jones.

[22:54:58] Matt_Allen says: Daniel, I think that you are a retard.
[22:55:02] Matt_Allen says: Is it true?
[22:55:09] Daniel_Wilson says: Yes
[22:55:27] Daniel_Wilson says: its a true
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free

I honestly think that one thing that needs to be done is to remove the mat handler job. What does this do for the server except lure people in to poopsocking? Nothing!

Actually, now that I think about it, the material system in general needs a "nerf". It is way to easy for gangs to get millions of materials these days. I would think that removing the mat handler job, doubling the price of all materials, and halving the returned materials would start to diminish the excess supply of weapons and materials on the server.

I have always thought that guns should be something for the rich people to use, and blunt/blade weapons such as bats and katanas for the rest. As of now, if people get into a fight, everyone starts to pull out combat shotguns and m4s. Where is the fun if everyone has the "best" weapons?

Drey_Rogers
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Post by Drey_Rogers »

agree with tyrone above

why should a newb afford 3-4 shotguns with his starting money
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Only rich players should be able to get guns? Really? Please think that through again.
)) <> ((
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free

Zaph wrote:Only rich players should be able to get guns? Really? Please think that through again.
When I say that, I don't mean that only people who poopsocked millions of e-moneys should have guns, I mean that it shouldn't be so easy for a new player to come on, and buy three or four shotguns when he starts. You shuold have to put SOME work into getting it, instead of just driving around for an hour, buying five shotguns, and starting a war with the rest of the server, because that is basically what happens now.

RaulG

Post by RaulG »

Zaph wrote:Bringing back the old script won't magically make people RP more.
James_Mark
Game Name(s): James_Mark

Post by James_Mark »

The old script, people used to have fun. Arabs came, people quit, while they weren't here, the script got changed.
I'll tell you what could change, half of the Arabs disappeared and since it was fun for old players, I'd expect that they would have fun in that script again.

And bringing pot and crack for pointwars by making the gang line up and make strategies is way better than going to a farm and waiting ages then someone comes and steals it and you go all whining imo.

Edit: Oh and by the way, I hope any of you won't get that excuse of 'People complain about crack and laggers'
Half of Arabs are gone, not to mention that more than half of the server became a professional lag shooter so I guess it wouldn't be a problem.
Dom
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Dom »

okay, we tried all of this, everyone hated it
<Report> [report] Dominic_Cattano (3): i am Hacker
Kuntz

Post by Kuntz »

Betsy is SZR
ImageImageImage
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

i really don't see anything wrong with a new player being able to buy a few guns. they are also much less likely to do so because they have no connections, don't know the prices, and want to save their bills. And why would they buy more than one? level 1's don't even know where or what the lockers are. they have just as much right to have fun in PvP as you.

i feel like i could expand a lot on that point being that i've RPed an independent gun dealer my entire 1800+ hours on SZR but i'm comin up short so i'll post later on that
Image~
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

My point being is, old players would feel at home coming back to szr. Easy for them to start up again by knowing all the locations like it used to be. Not many know about the /where is. I believe if we change things to what they used to be when we had numbers like 80+, we'll have more chances of bringing szr back to life.
Everything else is good besides the point system imo.
LaPaza

Post by LaPaza »

SoapMacTavish wrote:2009 car system? SUPPORT
The King is not dead !!!