Newspaper bug

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Newspaper bug

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

When I write a newspaper, everything works properly until I log out. When I come back online, the paper is just a jumbled mess, with most of the lines missing. And, what lines that survive the mix-up get jumbled severely. Below is a paper that I wrote roughly two weeks ago. It was a full article that contained no errors to my knowledge. As I was selling these to people earlier today, they complained that I was cheating them out of their money, and I had no clue what they were talking about. This has happened several times before, and I thought it was a freak bug, but now I see a pattern emerging. Here is an example of when I log back in and read the paper:

[12:38:12] |_______________ Role Play - The Godfather: Newspaper _______________|
[12:38:12] | Alien Invasion: Are YOU Prepared? | By News Reporter: Tyrone_Phillips.
[12:38:12] concern among Los Santos is: Are we prepa? So, how can one prepare
[12:38:12] So, how can one prepare
[12:38:12]
[12:38:12] |____________________________________________________________________|

I don't have the slightest clue as to what could be causing this, since I doubt the paper is stored only temporarily, but it would be nice to be able to have a paper around for longer than a couple of hours while I am still online.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Drey_Rogers
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Re: Newspaper bug

Post by Drey_Rogers »

i often bought papers like that, and something is really wrong with them
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

Replace "The Godfather" with "LS Times".
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

I need you to be a lot more specific as to the actual commands you entered
[IMG]
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Uh..... /paper write # and /read testpaper # - Just the basic commands used to write and proofread a paper.

I also actually bought a stack of paper to make sure it wasn't just a /read tespaper text glitch.

I actually just assumed that the problem was whenever I re-logged though, but doing some tests it is not the case. I think it is just that the server usually crashes between when I stop playing and when I start again, and that may have something to do with it.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

ok i can find it now thanks.
[IMG]