MORE LEGAL JOBS!

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Mack_Bakke

MORE LEGAL JOBS!

Post by Mack_Bakke »

Okay, well basically there are a few legal jobs.

LEGAL JOBS:
Lawyer ((Quick and easy))
Mercenary (If you don't kill, what fun is that?)
LSPD ((You have to go on the forums and a big process))
TAXI ((How??!))
SANews ((Forums/big process))

ILLEGAL JOBS:
Drug dealer
Arms Dealer
Mercenary?
Hitman ((basically impossible to get in..))

Okay, so I'm saying that you should put in jobs like hot dog seller which gives you health, or icecream seller that gives you armor? I think that we need more legal jobs that are useful, cause not everybody in the server is going to be doing something illegal.

Tell me what you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? indifferent?
Mack_Bakke
Jason_Voorhees - I arrest yuo!
Joey_Greco - SANews !
Paul_Smecker - Nazi bastard.
Daoulas
Abuses Ads for Free

Re: MORE LEGAL JOBS!

Post by Daoulas »

Who the hell wants to sell hotdogs? Do you?

The odds of me NOT smashing the hotdog stand with my car are VERY slim...

You also forgot police, mechanic, lawyer, carjacker, and maybe even boxing if you could make money out of it... (Don King RP?)

Also you could be a whore and just secks everyone for money.

Ive' wanted to make a scientist for the longest time, I would do experiments and read diagrams.
Use my beakers and whatever else scientists do. Oh ya take notes! Sounds fun eh?

Oh shit what ever happened to ambulances?
Shubham_Kini

Post by Shubham_Kini »

We dont need street cleaners / truckers / farmers...
They hardly have anything to interact with the other players...
They are just for making money.
NomuKen
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by NomuKen »

I think its a good idea BLAKKE, but you need to put more thought into what legal jobs people could possibly be.

I agree we need more incentive for people to be civilians.
Of course we are now going to have the public gangs, so everyone and their mother can be an internet gangster.

But on the other hand, it'd be nice if civilians had a means of RPing a job to make money that wasn't as overworn as making guns and the like.
Some things are beyond the admins, and even the coders power. We can't just make up bullshit jobs so people can do them and not have to be a criminal.
I think that if people really want a legit means of making money they can come up with their own contribution in that aspect.

Bonez does racing, and should consider hiring civilian security who don't want to race but still want to make dough.
We were doing Alhambra with civilian employees.

The key is, the people with the most money need to reach out to the newbie community and offer them the initial means of making money.
If these people are spending time doing jobs that others don't generally want to do, they wont be spending as much time grinding materials.
Not every newbie would be carrying around MP5s as well, highfive.
<Thog_Untunga>:Thog may have problem, personal pronoun and preposition. But Thog know what 'disengenuous' mean. Please no patronize Thog.
Mack_Bakke

Post by Mack_Bakke »

I was in another server, and you could be an ice cream man, hot dog seller, pizza boy ((didn't you have that before in the server)), and some other stuff.
Mack_Bakke
Joey_Greco - SANews !
Rob

Post by Rob »

This is not WTFMAN or GAY ENCOUNTERS IN BATHROOMS.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Jazz_Mesa

Post by Jazz_Mesa »

You don't need a scripter job to do all that stuff
You can certainly sell people a hotdog rpingly.
Mack_Bakke

Post by Mack_Bakke »

Rob wrote:This is not WTFMAN or GAY ENCOUNTERS IN BATHROOMS.
I never been to GAY ENCOUNTERS IN BATHROOMS and I have been to WTFMAN for like 15 minutes, so I dont know what they are really..
Mack_Bakke
Joey_Greco - SANews !
John_Jackson

Post by John_Jackson »

I think it would be interesting to have a truck driver job. There could be the trucks & trailers located at one point in Los Santos, and a pickup area at another point, at whatever distance away. After getting the cargo the trucker would continue to another island (preferably very far away). In the end, the trucker would make around $10,000 - $30,000, depending on his skill level. I think this would be a pretty cool job, seeing it's legal and is definitely possible with some coding. You'd have to work some things out, but I think it's an interesting idea. It might encourage people to move to move than one place, rather than everyone staying in Los Santos.