sanews ranks

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

sanews ranks

Post by Hippo Congruency »

Sanews ranks shouldn't work the same way gang ranks do, you get ranked up for doing a good job.. no.. Players should be able to apply for a rank which they believe fits them.
Your english is perfect but you're not really creative, you want a job in SaNews - Sanews editor is the job you'd want. If you are creative, and you think editor fits you but you also want to make your own stories you can do a little of both. Stories must be send to an editor before you put it on the newsroom and has to be approved by the sanews leader.
Jhonny_Mclanne
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): fuck you

Re: sanews ranks

Post by Jhonny_Mclanne »

Edit: i don't agree.
Last edited by Jhonny_Mclanne on September 20th, 2011, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you think you don't have enough time to play... think again
Hippo Congruency

what?

edit: you don't agree with what?
Ron

Post by Ron »

isn't it obvious? he doesn't agree due to the fact that he wouldn't be able to meet any of the requirement (for any ranks) if this was implemented.

I personally like it
spurt of splooge to the eye
Jhonny_Mclanne
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Jhonny_Mclanne »

......i don't agree because aaa nvm i don't care
Hippo Congruency

He said it has been like this for years, you probably misunderstood me.. which means you didnt read the whole thing
Jhonny_Mclanne
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Jhonny_Mclanne »

Well now that i read it it's a pretty good idea but there should be some ranks you can't apply for idk like R8 R7 R6 R5 the others would be pretty cool.
Hippo Congruency

Please, just think about this for longer than a second.. You still don't get it.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

If you have such a great suggestion on how to run SANews employees, why don't you apply and make your way to the top where your opinion actually counts? If we had a rank called "Assistant Manager", Johnny would totally be in that position. He is helping me run the news team, so it only seems fit that he should have a higher rank.

P.S. Johnny is a better player than you will ever be.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

So a ranking system not based on a reporter's merit and hard work but rather based on what rank they feel they deserve?

:wtc:

At least when I was around, the rank names were only loosely followed. An editor, for instance, could still make stories in-game and in the forums. But there's really no editorial process in-game for take part in. Cameraman is/was the lowest rank, but you weren't actually trusted with a camera until higher ranks (because the flash still affect nearby players). If the rank names were strictly followed as you're suggesting, it would be a nightmare for a reporter to seek out an editor in-game for them to edit a story before reporting it live.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Hippo Congruency

Tyrone_Phillips wrote:If you have such a great suggestion on how to run SANews employees, why don't you apply and make your way to the top where your opinion actually counts?
Perhaps because I don't want to join sanews? It was just a suggestion, like any other, I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. Have I ever said anything about Johnny in this thread? No.

Chris Hansen wrote:So a ranking system not based on a reporter's merit and hard work but rather based on what rank they feel they deserve?
The only high rank would be the sanews leader (tyrone), pretty much like in real life. I understand editors don't have alot of work:
Hippo Congruency wrote:If you are creative, and you think editor fits you but you also want to make your own stories you can do a little of both..
Stories - IG news reports, newsroom articles.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

How would this suggestion add anything positive to SANews or the server?
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Hippo Congruency

I believe this is a way better system because this is a roleplay server. SANews is not a gang. At the moment you get ranked up for doing a good job which i think is stupid. There'd be lots of different jobs in one faction ~sanews~, camera men (which perhaps is a rank or could be one) make pictures and send them to reporters, they add a story & editors edit it, and perhaps got something else to add.

Plenty of people like this suggestion, but just haven't posted. (still hoping they do though)
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free

Hippo Congruency wrote:I believe this is a way better system because this is a roleplay server. SANews is not a gang. At the moment you get ranked up for doing a good job which i think is stupid. There'd be lots of different jobs in one faction ~sanews~, camera men (which perhaps is a rank or could be one) make pictures and send them to reporters, they add a story & editors edit it, and perhaps got something else to add.

Plenty of people like this suggestion, but just haven't posted. (still hoping they do though)
So if someone is an exellent reporter, he should never be allowed to become an editor, and eventually run the faction? What's the point in joining a faction, knowing that you will never receive a higher rank? I joined SANews specifically with the goal in mind to run it, just like any other faction I have ever joined (Well, maybe besides MagC, and that just leaves Grove). People should always strive to be the best at whatever they do. Otherwise, there is no incentive to do a good job!

SANews will almost never have enough people (unless the population drastically rises) to have one person take a picture, another person make the story, and have yet another edit and approve it. SANews employees have always been able to do all three (unless given rank 0; cameraman), and probably will always be able to. I started to make people send me their stories for editing back in SF, and I may start that back up.

Edit: And I brought up Johnny, because you posted this thread just moments after you posted in his news article, saying he shouldn't be an Editor. Don't pretend like there is no connection, you will just make yourself look pretty :derp: in the process.

Edit #2: Wow, ":derp:" is an actual picture, haha.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Hippo Congruency

There is no higher rank, besides network executive or whatever. People will do a good job because they like their job - A reporter can become an editor, but he would have to apply for it. If he doesn't want to apply, he doesn't really want it. Ofcourse you cannot apply for network executive.
Tyrone_Phillips wrote: SANews will almost never have enough people (unless the population drastically rises) to have one person take a picture, another person make the story, and have yet another edit and approve it. SANews employees have always been able to do all three (unless given rank 0; cameraman), and probably will always be able to.
Its an option for when you have enough people to do all those three things. Camera men's english don't have to be excellent - anyone could become one as long as they know how to handle a camera, but you shouldn't have too many of them.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free

Hippo Congruency wrote:Its an option for when you have enough people to do all those three things. Camera men's english don't have to be excellent - anyone could become one as long as they know how to handle a camera, but you shouldn't have too many of them.
I have tried inviting people into the news before who could barely speak English as cameramen and interns. You know how that went? My phone getting spammed with "HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY GET INVITED INTO THE NEWS? WHAT IS THIS?" The cameraman rank is gone anyways (as far as I know), and you need to be "reporter" or above to spawn with a camera, so that wouldn't work.

Hippo Congruency

So make them spawn with cameras, I don't think there is a way to abuse cameras, and if you don't trust them with one you shouldn't invite them. You also shouldn't care about people crying you invited a guy with bad english.
Jhonny_Mclanne
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Jhonny_Mclanne »

He should care look this graph i made :D

Bad reporters=bad sanews=bad ambient in server knowing there's a good faction with idiots in it=people shoots reporters=people /tognews

They don't care about the rank of that, people just care if he is in it or no, bad reputation = no work for us

as tyrone said people join a faction to try to run it and work their way up.
Hippo Congruency

You did not read my post.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Hippo Congruency wrote:SANews is not a gang.
Correct, it's a business.
At the moment you get ranked up for doing a good job which i think is stupid.
Getting a promotion for doing a good job is stupid? You'd make a horrible boss.

The ranks are names only, associated with numbers (with a higher number meaning seniority+more responsibilities+trustworthiness) and different perks are associated with those numbers. As Tyrone said, this incentives people to work harder.

Frankly, there's not even enough people in SANews to do what you're suggesting.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Tyrone_Phillips wrote: I joined SANews specifically with the goal in mind to run it
fired
Hippo Congruency

Chris Hansen wrote:
At the moment you get ranked up for doing a good job which i think is stupid.
Getting a promotion for doing a good job is stupid? You'd make a horrible boss.
Yes it is, in sanews.. it is..
Chris Hansen wrote:and different perks are associated with those numbers. As Tyrone said, this incentives people to work harder.
I've barely seen any hard work from sanews in the past year or so.

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24744
August fuken 8th, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24715
August fuken 7th, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24062
June fuken 9th, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23473
April fuken 14th, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23302
April fuken 2nd, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23043
March fuken 18th, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23114
March fuken 22nd, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23111
March fuken 21st, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22678
March fuken 2nd, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21981 this wasnt supposed to be in the newsroom
January fuken 18th, 2011

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21725
December fuken 30th, 2010
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

yeah things have been pretty dead

if you're this interested you should probably apply to sanews
Hippo Congruency

i'm not
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

you make an awful lot of posts about sanews for someone not interested in sanews