Restaurants and food

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
D_Black
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Yoshimitsu Ichi

Restaurants and food

Post by D_Black »

Our current restaurant system can use an overhaul, although it serves it purpose for when someone needs health it is an missed opportunity for RP. I would like to see a system that incorporates growing and harvesting food and fishing, Trucking or shipping to a restaurant, and finally selling to the customer as a product such as a sandwich or a pizza. That is basically the gist of it but I will go into detail.

1) Harvesting and fishing
this is the beginning of the process unless the actual growing of the food is incorporated. there are at least 9 farms throughout the Red County area right out side of Los Santos. A farm can employ up to 5 farmers at a time if there are 5 people who are employed at this farm the player gets a message saying we are not looking for help. a player must not have a job in order to work at a farm it will turn his job into farmer and when a player logs out his job as farmer is over after 10 minutes. Farmers will use equipment to perform the task involved with running a farm. Planting and harvesting, and will get paid after each task. Planting the food would require driving through some checkpoints with a small tractor (fill in tractors name) and harvesting the food would require driving through check points with the big combine tractor. When the food is harvested x amount of grain corn or whatever was planted will be deposited in a silo or barn. and can be picked up from a player location with a truck. Each farm can grow different things and maybe even have livestock such as cows, lambs and sheep which can be turned into meat. leather and wool. ( a bunch of Betsy clones on a farm)

For fishing boats will be utilized. a player would take the boat out from land and cast his net in the water /castnet and retrieve his net when it is finished with the left mouse button. I suggest the fishing boat and dingy the fishing boat allowing you to capture a large amount of fish 50- 60 and a dingy allowing you to capture a small amount of fish like 20 - 30. When a person is done fishing in a boat he can bring the fish to a location where the fish can be sold for a profit. It should take time to fish but not too long where a person can be a fisherman for a living but it wont be any more profitable then any other job.

2) Trucking and shipping ( Food Distribution Centers)
Now that harvesting is complete at the farm and the food is sitting in the silos and barns, 4 or 5 Distribution centers in Los Santos employ drives to retrieve food from farms and bring it back to the distribution center. (it is assumed that the distribution center also processes the food into hamburgers pizza, fine cuts of beef or steaks etc. there can be a distribution center for each type of food.) Once the food is taken to the Distribution center restaurants can purchase food from these centers to fill their storerooms.

Fish is usually retrieved from the location where the fish is taken when it is first caught by the restaurant serving it this location can also serve as the seafood distribution center and can sell seafood restaurants everything they need to operate.

Food distribution and processing centers

a) Seafood and Fish Distribution center. Located at the docks by the dropcar crane.
b)Fast Food Distribution center. Services all fast food restaurant types serving precooked frozen foods and some fresh pre cut food.
c)Find Foods distribution center services fine dining restaurants
d)Steak House
e) Farmers market sells foods such as wheat corn flour etc.

3) The restaurant
There are major restaurants such as Burgershot and Cluck'n Bell that can be major corporations that purchase food and keep the cycle going. These businesses will be unique in the fact that they send drivers to retrieve food from the distribution centers consistently even if nobody has purchased a single hamburger ( something about freshness) Also they have their own distribution and processing centers.

Player owned Restaurants would have to manage their inventory. Lets say I decide to put a restaurant in the Rodeo District I forget the name of the restaurant but its not important. My restaurant will be able to serve customers as long as there is food in my storerooms when my store rooms are empty my store will not be able to server customers. I would get food from one of the 5 locations around the city depending on what kind of restaurant I own: steakhouse, Fast foods, Seafood, Fine foods, etc. When a item is purchased from the restaurant a food item is deducted from my storeroom and money is deposited into my restaurants safe.
D_Black AKA Yoshimitsu
ALTIchi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8cce9WLBI
Ashley_Townsend
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Ashizu_Sendo

Re: Restaurants and food

Post by Ashley_Townsend »

This is quite good, I hope this suggestion can be added ingame.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

I like this and I appreciate the amount of work you put into this. My only concern is how this would fit into SZR; I personally find it difficult to believe a crack-addled gangbanging negro taking some time off to help cultivate and harvest carrots.
D_Black
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Yoshimitsu Ichi

Post by D_Black »

mkrtich wrote:I like this and I appreciate the amount of work you put into this. My only concern is how this would fit into SZR; I personally find it difficult to believe a crack-addled gangbanging negro taking some time off to help cultivate and harvest carrots.
Very true, but perhaps we can start getting more variety in our player base who might enjoy this.
D_Black AKA Yoshimitsu
ALTIchi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8cce9WLBI