Stuff to do on SZR

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Josh_Moore

Stuff to do on SZR

Post by Josh_Moore »

What I think is a problem on szr is that because the player count decreased dramatically, there ain't much to do online anymore. I took a look intro raven's roleplay, actually a modification of it called robin's roleplay script, but that doesn't matter. There are lots of stuff to do there, even alone, which isn't as fun as a war or a point, but it's something to spend time on. You start at 0 for each wep and you can train your skill, you can go learn fighting styles at the gym, buy businesses and a house system similar to the one rach made, where house locations are set by admins, but they are still dynamic, and lots of other fun stuff.
These stuff could easily be copied with little modifications, making it effortless, but giving players more things to do online other than freeroaming and dropcarring when there are not wars, points going on or there's nobody to roleplay with. It would make players stay online more thus making other players join and bringing the roleplay experience of not living in a ghost town back.

Just sayin...
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Re: Stuff to do on SZR

Post by mkrtich »

You're not wrong. We're working on coming up with and adding things for people to do that would help increase roleplay. It just takes time.
Josh_Moore wrote:These stuff could easily be copied with little modifications, making it effortless
This is exactly what we don't want to do. Copying features wholesale with no consideration for what sort of effects they'd have on the server is a bad idea. Copying code is even worse. It can sometimes be very hard to integrate and maintain code that you didn't write and aren't familiar with. Just ask the folks at RDZ. That is if they can pay their hosting bill this month.
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

the one with rdz was a good one hahah
you got a point there, it would be difficult indeed to integrate and modify the code, but it's good to hear there's something still going on
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
Tom_Anderson
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Tom_Anderson »

i have an idea for rollplay, let's make some sort of rp rating system for players to assign other players depending on how they think they roleplayed. sort of like an ebay feedback thing.

for instance if you think Silver_Leo roleplayed that arrest really well, you do /raterp Silver_Leo 5, and that would add into his current rating using some formula that mkrtich has to come up with. also you have to be within 20 yards of the person to be able to use the command. also you can't use /raterp on someone more than once every 24 hours.

it should be against the rules to use the command on your butt buddy if they haven't rp'd with each other at all and just want to be seen with high ratings. (possibly add a variable to see how many times both players have use /me near each other)

you could also check the rating of other players on the server by using /rprating [id] and it shows their overall rating out of 5.

you don't absolutely have to rate someone after rping with them, but it'd be like ebay or some shit where before you invite them to your family or faction, you check how well they can rp.

the better your "rating" is the more shit you can do in game as well but that part is up to mkrtich. lol i can already imagine movado_williams saying "rate me please :))))))))))))))))))" after every roleplay scenario every day holy shit

edit: also if the person is at like 0/5 rating it doesn't mean theyre shit, it would actually help us determine whether or not the player needs help roleplaying

is this a fucking terrible idea or what
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Yeah that's a pretty bad idea. It would be nearly impossible to determine if someone rated someone for actually roleplaying, or just because they are friends. We have the RPP system now, and occasionally there is some sort of sale where you can trade them in for stuff. Roleplay all the time and you will be awarded some RPP (probably).

Edit: And if gangs were to ever get in a war, everyone would rate each other zero, even though most of them probably RP.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Tom_Anderson
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Tom_Anderson »

you've got me there. although the rpp system is good right now because it's monitored by admins, that's also kind of a problem as well considering admins have to deal with hackers and other type of shit and not watch people roleplay