Monopoly on points. [It's long]

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
jimmy_jakens
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Sammy_Salsa

Monopoly on points. [It's long]

Post by jimmy_jakens »

Introduction
The idea i have behind this is gang's being able to have a monopoly on points and what we get out of them.
What i mean by this is basically adding what we had in the past but changing it a little (I Forget when but at some point we added it so that gangs could increase the price for other gangs when they went to get materials at point locations). So my idea being this old system is to reincorporate it with being able to create a monopoly on the type of material and drugs. By this i mean that a gang could control Dh1 and Dh2 and block all gangs from using it causing them to be the only ones to provide the city with drugs thus creating a monopoly on the drug trade. The same could work for materials a gang could control both A get and A drop and prevent other factions from getting these materials thus stopping that gangs production of different weapons like the Ak47. But doing all this would generally create friction thus you give other options (like in the old system) such as greatly increasing the price, such as double or triple making it that if you want that extra armor or that special gun you're going to have to pay the extra bucks With this, gangs not having their full crack armor would greatly displease them which is where the option of gangs buying the point off of other gangs to stop the monopoly. Other options would be that if gangs only own the Drop point and not the Get point their unable to increase the price since they don't own the get but what i suggest is that they can establish a DROP TIME meaning the person would have to wait like 10seconds or so so before they can pickup their materials

How it would work

Materials

If one owns A Get But not A Drop they can: 1) only increase the price of picking the material up. (up to X4 the price maybe)
If one owns A Drop But not A Get they can: 1) only establish a small waiting time to drop your materials (anywhere from 5-15sec )
If one own both A Drop and A get they can: 1) do all of the above or 2) Block complete usage by other gangs.(until the point is available again)

Now for the Drug houses for this to work better it would be nice if Dh1 was only for pot and Dh2 only for crack.

DH1= Pot
If one owns Dh1 they can 1) increase the price of pot , and or create a waiting time to pickup (anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 min)
Or they can block all usage what so ever by other gangs.

Dh2=CRACK
If one owns Dh2 they can 1) increase the price of crack , and or create a waiting time to pickup (anywhere from 1min to 2 min)
Or they can block all usage what so ever by other gangs.

For the Drug houses by splitting them up this makes it allot easier for gangs to control a monopoly on a type of drug.

Now some will say this is unfair to block it but here is where the advantages and disadvantages come in.

Disadvantages are:
1)If you block gangs from picking it up your income from that point is greatly decreased ((depending on how many gangs you block))
2)By increasing the price you not only annoy and anger the rival gangs but the price would also affect normal civilians.
3) The monopoly ain't free.

Advantages are:
1) Weaken a gang by preventing them from getting their extra poop.
2) make extra money by being the only faction providing "what ever" to the people and other gangs.
3) this advantege probably being the most important is that all this generates more interaction between gangs in people since now that gang can only get "what ever" from you they need to interact and create a deal. same goes for civ's if it was blocked for them they need to find out who owns the monopoly and get what they want.

Selling the point

A gang having a monopoly on a product is quite a kick in the ass for other gangs thus their comes the option of a gang buying that point off of you. The price would have to be a fixed price so that gangs aren't like "500k-1million plox." but instead the price would be double or triple of what ever the previous annual income was on top of +50k (annual being the 12-14 hours until that point is available) so my guess is that selling a point or DH would revolve around anywhere from 100-200k.

The optional idea to prevent major abuse

A blocking fee: where if one wants to block other gangs there is a small price such as 50k. now 50k might not seam like much to stop a gang from getting drugs or mats but its 50k per gang so if you want to create a monopoly it will be quite a pickle. plus perhaps give the option to stop everyone including normal civ's for a much greater price. such as 200k (just for civ's) making you the pure provider of "what ever".

Or if putting a price on this is to annoying and will probably limit its use (( which most will find it to be)) Creating a monopoly is can only be done on one set of points such as Adrop and Aget or DH1 and DH2 but this would only be if one makes it a monopoly all the other affects of increasing price and increasing time can still be done to the other points you own.

MG'ing poopsockers
Now last but not least what people would start doing if this happened is that they would probably start creating alts that would supply their gang with drugs. But here's the catch if the price was increased it is increased to everyone (( if thats what the gang wants)) so that if "Oh no mafia was blocked from getting crack" /me goes on alt " /me gets drugs only to find out that the price was set to x4 by that gang". So although its hard to stop people doing this even tho its meta gaming it would still a kick in the bumb, as well as finding out that the point might have been blocked for civ's to.

Side note: for this to work better perhaps increase the amount of income a gang gets when owning a point
and maybe have that gang own the points for a few more hours (up to 20 maybe?).
Also split DH1 and DH2 up, one is for pot, the other for crack.

Conclusion

The hole idea around this, is that people will have to start interaction with each other in order to get what they want such as if Yakuza owns the Drug houses people now need to contact them in order to get what they want. etc etc etc

Tl;DR
A new system that benefits the owner's of points, annoys the competition and forces people to interact with each other if they want their poop.
Copzor Sammy_Salsa

(ಠ_ಠ)
Rachael wrote:szr.shithou.se
Rachael wrote: [edit] actually forget that idea its dumb
[edit][edit] players are dumb
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Re: Monopoly on points. [It's long]

Post by Rachael »

there is nothing wrong with this idea, I believe the point blocking / price increase thing is going to be re-added, but stay tuned for business script which is also under development.
[IMG]
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Gangs should have to play a game of monopoly to decide who gets which points.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

I'd like to put a hotel at Pinoy sex sewer.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Yamoto
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): FAGLORDE_MCMANGA

Post by Yamoto »

this should wait untill theres a secure amount of gangs on the server, seeing as us the yakuza are generally the only ones on during a 12 hour period and grove at moon times.
[04:50] [chat] [Caitlin_Lee]: but reaches into his pants and with a hand, squeezes his heavy large ballsack
Jayson
Game Name(s): Suzuki Takato

Post by Jayson »

Yamoto wrote:seeing as us the yakuza are generally the only ones on during a 12 hour period and grove at moon times.
grove just disbanded, so only yakuza