A Modest VIP System Proposal

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Bruce_Raifords

A Modest VIP System Proposal

Post by Bruce_Raifords »

Well, as you see guys I guess that the server needs some donations, So I found a good idea, I spent like 2 hours building this, and it's impossible to be accessed just the gold vip members can access it, and that's it I hope that you all will enjoy looking at this! I really like this, Ohh no I mean I LOVE it.
I'll leave you all with the pictures:

I hope that you all liked it :smug:
I'mma wait for the admin's reply, if he wants this I'mma post the codes and other stuff.
Bruce RaIfoRds
DUMB IDIOT 2

Re: Gold VIP members Base- by Bruce Raifords

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

this kinda sucks
Bruce_Raifords

Post by Bruce_Raifords »

The main point is that the players will join the VIP members and donate to the server when they see the SuperCars and the armor there, that's the main point.
Bruce RaIfoRds
Rabs

Post by Rabs »

bruce rafifords is the best!! :circlejerk:
Youtube Video: show
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

no thanks, it would ruin it
also i don't think the server needs money, and if it does, there would be people happy to pay without gaining shit
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

2 hours... Are you serious?
Sadao
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Sadao »

Bruce_Raifords wrote:The main point is that [...], that's the main point.
Dylan wrote:You know mate exactly what I have suffered in this period, also I don't shirk from my fault as you have seen.
Snob Dylan wrote:lastly,I am waiting eagerly to log in the game so far.
therefore ?
Malcolm_Fitzherbert wrote:I was like that lost cat, who needs to be fucked by a dog
zeck
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by zeck »

2 hours?! :iss:
Wong wrote:
I went to my room and lay down on my bed and started to think how I will bring that’s car I asked my self this question more than once but suddenly my uncle came and said can I go inside the room?
I told him yes you can my uncle came
sick trigger
Game Name(s): Arse_Tamsend

Post by sick trigger »

BRUCE RAIFORDS!!!!!!!!
Benito wrote: I have begin a cock
I have begin a cock
I have begin a cock
I have begin a cock
I have begin a cock
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

I think that a VIP system would add a lot to the server. I was trying to come up with some different membership levels that would really add a lot to the server and also to Bruno's PayPal account. Here is what I am thinking:

No Subscription ($0/month)
It still costs nothing to play on SZR with no restrictions (except some restrictions; see several restrictions below)

White Trash VIP Level($3/month)
Allowed to buy a house (levels 1 and 2), allowed to be have a job (just wheelman (can only repair and use car colors 0-50) and lawyer (can only /free))

El Chicano Grande Level ($5/month)
Can add nitrous and hydraulics, can use car colors 51-100, can use /defend (but not tinfoil), can become an arms dealer (but can't use /sellgun), can use Spanish phrases in roleplay scenarios

Tier 1 Roleplayer ($10/month)
Can become an arms dealer and use /sellgun (but cannot be sold materials), can use animations, can use /me and /do, can become a mercenary but can't /find, /guard, /frisk, or /breakin, can buy level 3-5 houses, can upgrade car from default newbie car (which has been changed to Tug)

Tier 2 Roleplayer ($15/month)
Can receive materials from other players, can use /ad, can use /guard and /breakin, can join PD (rank 0 only)

Tier 3 Roleplayer ($22.50/month)
Can be promoted to rank 1 or 2 in PD, can use /find, can join the drug dealer job (but cannot use /sellpot /sellcrack or /get), can leave Los Santos (all lower donator levels will have their HP set to 0 when they try to leave the city, this includes towns like Dillimore and Blueberry)

Tier 4 Roleplayer ($27/month)
Can have a ping that exceeds 100 (getting pingkicked with a lower donator level will result in one warning)

Tier 5 Roleplayer ($38/month)
Can be unbanished (unban/unbanish appeals for lower donator levels will be automatically rejected)

Tier 6 Roleplayer ($50/month)
Can use /report command

I'd love to hear the community's thoughts about these donator levels. We are trying to strike a balance between generating revenue and not adversely affecting the balance of the game for people who don't donate. Though this is a rough draft, I think we hit the mark.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Re: A Modest VIP System Proposal

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

It seems as though the first few levels are so restrictive they are pointless.

Also fuck you for the 100 ping thing >:(
stenchman

Post by stenchman »

mkrtich wrote: :syke:
Freddo_Brazzi
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Freddo_Brazzi »

Not liking this :S. just imo.
Mick

Post by Mick »

This sounds like a very reasonable proposal, I'm sure the community will agree.
Satoru
Game Name(s): Satoru_Nakajima

Post by Satoru »

I would pay 50 dollars to play this game
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

it was a joke, right
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

Freddo_Brazzi wrote:Not liking this :S. just imo.
I don't understand why you don't. The goal of this system is to be able to generate revenue while at the same time not compromising gameplay or features, and correct me if I'm wrong but we have achieved that with this proposed system, haven't we?
Josh_Moore wrote:it was a joke, right
No, I'm very serious. Why?
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

you can stop now, I got it as soon as I posted, but couldn't think of anything to edit it with so i just left it like that

:cripes: :cripes: :cripes:
.|....|....|
.\/...\/ ..\/
Last edited by Josh_Moore on January 29th, 2012, 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce_Raifords

Post by Bruce_Raifords »

I'm so glad because Mkrtich liked my idea.
Bruce RaIfoRds
Piwey
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Piwey »

Bruce_Raifords wrote:I'm so glad because Mkrtich liked my idea.
Sarcasm
Tony "Motherfucking" Buttanus((Hanzo Hasashi))
Guiseppi Rossi
Long live Jack Not Sparrow
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

Piwey wrote:
Bruce_Raifords wrote:I'm so glad because Mkrtich liked my idea.
Sarcasm
care to place a wager on that?
John_Woody
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): John_Woody

Post by John_Woody »

Uhm mkr :whoptc:
I don't think subscription is completely wrong, but the donator levels you're suggesting are too expensive and WAY too restrictive. The other donator levels do not seem good to me either. Not at all actually. You are suggesting to charge massivly for very basic gameplay and roleplaying elements. (jobs/housing/factions/cars). Also, if I understand you correctly you want everyone that is not from the US to pay at least 27$ just to connect. That's effectivly a ping limit of 100. If you people want lower pings just lower the ping limit. Also new players that are not from America will never connect to szr. Let's just imagine I am some new guy from Europe trying to connect, immediatly I getting kicked for being above the ping limit. My reaction would be something like "fuck this server, I'm gonna play somewhere else". Let's imagine I actually magically have a ping below 100 and manage to connect and I create an account. I begin to play szr with "no restrictions", first I might wanna get some money to buy stuff or spend during roleplay yet everything but dropcar and fishing is not available for me. Dropcaring and fishing is boring, and it does not involve any roleplay which I am ideally here for. So let's say I have not yet quit the server at this point, and actually find some random people and begin to roleplay with them. But as soon as I try to do a first /me or /do which to me are important for roleplaying I get some message that I should pay 10$. Seriously? ANY new player even making it to this point would quit here and play somewhere else.

Anyway, here's my feedback on each of the subscription levels.
mkrtich wrote:No Subscription ($0/month)
It still costs nothing to play on SZR with no restrictions (except some restrictions; see several restrictions below)
"no restrictions"
mkrtich wrote:White Trash VIP Level($3/month)
Allowed to buy a house (levels 1 and 2), allowed to be have a job (just wheelman (can only repair and use car colors 0-50) and lawyer (can only /free))
Can add nitrous and hydraulics, can use car colors 51-100, can use /defend (but not tinfoil), can become an arms dealer (but can't use /sellgun), can use Spanish phrases in roleplay scenarios
Restricting high level housing (5+) seems alright to me restricting the ability to have jobs not. Maybe subscribers could get a lower job contract time.
Completly banning foreign languages from the server is a good idea. Single sentences and phrases should be allowed for fun and rp purposes, having conversations in languages in any chat other than /w that are not english should not be.
mkrtich wrote:Tier 1 Roleplayer ($10/month)
Can become an arms dealer and use /sellgun (but cannot be sold materials), can use animations, can use /me and /do, can become a mercenary but can't /find, /guard, /frisk, or /breakin, can buy level 3-5 houses, can upgrade car from default newbie car (which has been changed to Tug)

Can receive materials from other players, can use /ad, can use /guard and /breakin, can join PD (rank 0 only)

Can be promoted to rank 1 or 2 in PD, can use /find, can join the drug dealer job (but cannot use /sellpot /sellcrack or /get), can leave Los Santos (all lower donator levels will have their HP set to 0 when they try to leave the city, this includes towns like Dillimore and Blueberry)
Material and drug trade are basically the only elements of criminal rp that are possible on on szr. limiting these to subscribers is shit. Limiting high power firearms to subscribers would be alright I guess. Limiting factions to subscribers is not a good idea at all. Factions should be defined by roleplay not by who can spend most money in real life. Limiting the map would give subscribed players a very big and unfair advantage. Either limit the map for everyone or for nobody.
mkrtich wrote: Tier 4 Roleplayer ($27/month)
Can have a ping that exceeds 100 (getting pingkicked with a lower donator level will result in one warning)
This is totally ridiculous.
mkrtich wrote:Tier 5 Roleplayer ($38/month)
Can be unbanished (unban/unbanish appeals for lower donator levels will be automatically rejected)

Can use /report command
Limiting /report is not good. Just instantly take away /report forever from shitreporters. Unban only for subscribers might be alright.

What you are suggesting would heavily affect gameplay balance, and would make the game not fun to play for non subscribers.
Also you are suggesting way to many subscriber levels that restrict too much and are too expensive (yes I already said that before).
I think 3 or 4 subscriber levels should be enough and they should cost between 0 and 20$.
stenchman

Post by stenchman »

:munch:
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

i just... oh god the pain why am i still here :negative:
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

John_Woody wrote:Uhm mkr :whoptc:
I don't think subscription is completely wrong, but the donator levels you're suggesting are too expensive and WAY too restrictive. The other donator levels do not seem good to me either. Not at all actually. You are suggesting to charge massivly for very basic gameplay and roleplaying elements. (jobs/housing/factions/cars). Also, if I understand you correctly you want everyone that is not from the US to pay at least 27$ just to connect. That's effectivly a ping limit of 100. If you people want lower pings just lower the ping limit. Also new players that are not from America will never connect to szr. Let's just imagine I am some new guy from Europe trying to connect, immediatly I getting kicked for being above the ping limit. My reaction would be something like "fuck this server, I'm gonna play somewhere else". Let's imagine I actually magically have a ping below 100 and manage to connect and I create an account. I begin to play szr with "no restrictions", first I might wanna get some money to buy stuff or spend during roleplay yet everything but dropcar and fishing is not available for me. Dropcaring and fishing is boring, and it does not involve any roleplay which I am ideally here for. So let's say I have not yet quit the server at this point, and actually find some random people and begin to roleplay with them. But as soon as I try to do a first /me or /do which to me are important for roleplaying I get some message that I should pay 10$. Seriously? ANY new player even making it to this point would quit here and play somewhere else.

Anyway, here's my feedback on each of the subscription levels.
mkrtich wrote:No Subscription ($0/month)
"no restrictions"
mkrtich wrote:White Trash VIP Level($3/month)
Restricting high level housing (5+) seems alright to me restricting the ability to have jobs not. Maybe subscribers could get a lower job contract time.
Completly banning foreign languages from the server is a good idea. Single sentences and phrases should be allowed for fun and rp purposes, having conversations in languages in any chat other than /w that are not english should not be.
mkrtich wrote:Tier 1 Roleplayer ($10/month)

Material and drug trade are basically the only elements of criminal rp that are possible on on szr. limiting these to subscribers is shit. Limiting high power firearms to subscribers would be alright I guess. Limiting factions to subscribers is not a good idea at all. Factions should be defined by roleplay not by who can spend most money in real life. Limiting the map would give subscribed players a very big and unfair advantage. Either limit the map for everyone or for nobody.
mkrtich wrote: Tier 4 Roleplayer ($27/month)
This is totally ridiculous.
mkrtich wrote:Tier 5 Roleplayer ($38/month)

Can use /report command
Limiting /report is not good. Just instantly take away /report forever from shitreporters. Unban only for subscribers might be alright.

What you are suggesting would heavily affect gameplay balance, and would make the game not fun to play for non subscribers.
Also you are suggesting way to many subscriber levels that restrict too much and are too expensive (yes I already said that before).
I think 3 or 4 subscriber levels should be enough and they should cost between 0 and 20$.
Your post has made me realize the gigantic mistake I've made.

/signcheck, /pay, /deposit, and /transfer should be in a middle-to-high tier subscription package as well.