Market Fluctuation

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
lexotan
Game Name(s): Dr_Lexotan

Market Fluctuation

Post by lexotan »

After reading some old suggestions and noticing new business shops are hard to maintain, I thought about this...

Each time a point gets successfully claimed, the Pickup stock or Factory efficiency will be reset (randomly pick one of the options posted below) for the next 24 hrs. New rules under new administration.

For example

-B Pickup [Stock]:
  1. 5 Mat Packages per hr at $3,600 each
  2. 10 Mat Packages per hr at $2,400 each
  3. 15 Mat Packages per hr at $1,200 each
  4. Closed-police raid

-B Dropoff [Efficiency]:
  1. 200 mats per Package delivered
  2. 400 mats per Package delivered
  3. 600 mats per Package delivered
*Worth clarifying: to keep it simple ya´ll be gettin 1 package per run

So lets check 2 case scenario...

Highest Market Price (Stock 1 + Efficiency 1):

- $3,600/200 Mats = $18 each => Market Price: 5k mats= $90,000
- Max Sales = 1000 (5 packages x 200 mats) Mats per hr => Max Point Profits = $18,000 per hr

Lowest Market Price (Stock 3 + Efficiency 3):

- $1,200/600 Mats = $2 each => 5k mats= $10,000
- Max Sales = 9000 (15 packages x 600 mats) Mats per hr => Max Point Profits = $18,000 per hr

There´s 12 different combinations in total (Stock + Efficiency):

- 3 will set market price for 5k mats > $30,000 (Benefits suppliers)
- 3 will set market price for 5k mats = $30,000
- 3 will set market price for 5k mats < $30,000 (Benefits consumers)
- 3 will set market price for 5k mats = ? Closed-Police Raid

Furthermore:

-The gang having control of the point will earn 10% of sales.

-You´ll be able to check stock price or factory efficiency (ie: [Pickup]: "Sorry nigga' we are short on supplies today, so it's $3,600 a package")

-In case the point been raided ya'll get a wanted level by checking.

-Drug House [Stock]:
  1. 50 G's of Pot per hr at $200 each & 25 G's of Crack per hr at $2000 each
  2. 100 G's of Pot per hr at $100 each & 50 G's of Crack per hr at $1000 each
  3. 200 G's of Pot per hr at $50 each & 100 G's of Crack per hr at $500 each
  4. Closed-police raid

[Stock 1]: => Max Point Profits = $60,000 per hr
[Stock 2]: => Max Point Profits = $60,000 per hr
[Stock 3]: => Max Point Profits = $60,000 per hr
[Stock 4]: => No profits

-The gang having control of the DH will earn 5% of sales. Makin DHs more profitable and fixin a glitch in the actual DH's profit system.

By restricting supply and vary the price of product it should introduce more market opportunities (meaning more interaction between players).

That's the main idea; ammounts/prices posted above are just an illustration.

ps: sorry for the wall of text; maybe it's too confusing, hope ya could get the whole idea.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Re: Market Fluctuation

Post by mkrtich »

I sort of hate this, mostly because of the randomness involved with how you want points to reset. I think the 10% of sales you want gangs to get is way too low, too.

I hate the randomness because (eventually) I want players to have as much control over points as possible. Reworking points isn't on my radar right now, but in the future I want there to be more than one aget, bget, etc. I want prices to be set by point owners, as well as production per hour/day. That's a little far off though.

Drug houses need to go away. They will when drugs are redone and there are different ways to produce your own drugs and import them, but drug houses suck.

That said, I don't think that the price fluctuations and random point closings are what would drive more player-to-player sales. Denying access to points would drive that a whole lot better. And when I say denying access I mean it for real. The version that existed before the wipe (which actually is in the code right now but wasn't finished, I guess, because there's no way to set/unset gang permissions to use the points) wasn't real denial because it just doubled the price that members of denied gangs had to pay. While paying twice as much for mats is a big deal for newer players, when you get past level 10 it's not really an issue. I think it would be interesting to see an organization corner the market on something like B mats.

The bit about businesses though, I don't know how much effort people are putting into them. I'm going to add an in-game business directory that you can opt in for, and I'd like to improve the NPCs so they can sort of help you find what you're looking for, but it's been my sense that people are buying businesses (for WAY too much money, by the way), stocking them and just letting them go. Early adopters are getting shit on for blowing $3 million on a joint that doesn't do all that much in terms of sales because it's not being advertised.
lexotan
Game Name(s): Dr_Lexotan

Re: Market Fluctuation

Post by lexotan »

mkrtich wrote: I hate the randomness because (eventually) I want players to have as much control over points as possible. Reworking points isn't on my radar right now, but in the future I want there to be more than one aget, bget, etc. I want prices to be set by point owners, as well as production per hour/day. That's a little far off though.

Drug houses need to go away. They will when drugs are redone and there are different ways to produce your own drugs and import them, but drug houses suck.

That said, I don't think that the price fluctuations and random point closings are what would drive more player-to-player sales. Denying access to points would drive that a whole lot better. And when I say denying access I mean it for real. The version that existed before the wipe (which actually is in the code right now but wasn't finished, I guess, because there's no way to set/unset gang permissions to use the points) wasn't real denial because it just doubled the price that members of denied gangs had to pay. While paying twice as much for mats is a big deal for newer players, when you get past level 10 it's not really an issue. I think it would be interesting to see an organization corner the market on something like B mats.
I read about this (gangs setting prices) on an old suggestion, did't know it had already been taken into consideration and scripted so I thought ya didn't like the idea, making me think randomness could be an alternative.

I see now I was wrong; anyway this sounds damn interesting/promising so don't let me interrupt what ya got between hands.

I was lookin to contribute with an idea; now knowing ya got it more than covered I´m just lookin forwards to try it when it's done.