Tutorial thingy

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Josh_Moore

Tutorial thingy

Post by Josh_Moore »

New things are constantly added to the server and newbies have trouble figuring them out/ some get bored and leave. I remember that when I joined, for a few months I only knew to poopsock / sell materials / own a house and a car. Most of them skip the tutorial because it's similar to the ones on most of the servers and they end up not knowing. What comes below would require a shitload of effort and well ... that's about it.

Once a new player registers, he should be spawned in the normal world, then a GUI would pop up with an introduction to the server. Then he should be guided trough each feature of the server, he should get a big amount of money so he can use it to test stuff out(even buying a house and a car). Going trough each primary job and then resetting his current job stat or whatever so he could join each one, get level 5 and test everything out, guns should be restricted until he gets to be an arms dealer. It should take him trough a 24/7, make him buy some items, use them. After he finishes, he should get a few more GUIs with stuff that require interaction with other players, after finishing the first step he would be much more interested in learning even tho it's just a chunk of text.

When he is done with the tutorial, his account would be reset to 0 and he would have to start over again from scratch.

This would require a lot of security measures such as restricting commands like /give, /pay, /selldrugs to other players and all the commands that can be abused to gain free shit from this using an alt.

There would be much more to say, If you need ideas for parts of this "tutorial" I am more than happy to help, I just don't want to make this too long.
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
Davy_Mousse

Re: Tutorial thingy

Post by Davy_Mousse »

A very good idea, it would probably encourage people to stay, but
Josh_Moore wrote: When he is done with the tutorial, his account would be reset to 0 and he would have to start over again from scratch.
this would probably put them off.
mkrtich wrote: i've been waiting more than 3 fuckin months for szr players to be anything less than bitchy entitled cunts
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

Davy_Mousse wrote:
Josh_Moore wrote: When he is done with the tutorial, his account would be reset to 0 and he would have to start over again from scratch.
this would probably put them off.
My idea was that they would get millions of $ and stuff just so they can buy expensive cars and get a taste of the game in an hour or so, it would be stupid and unfair to let them keep the stuff
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
Rabs

Post by Rabs »

this is a pretty good idea, but I think it would be better as a short (~10 min) run in an alternate tutorial world with progressive requirements. eg present the player with a small task like walking across a room for a materials run, and then task him with selling a gun to an npc. when completed the player is given an ego boosting bit of text and then transferred to the next challenge. once the tutorial is completed throw them in as they normally would be.
Youtube Video: show
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

Rabs wrote:this is a pretty good idea, but I think it would be better as a short (~10 min) run in an alternate tutorial world with progressive requirements. eg present the player with a small task like walking across a room for a materials run, and then task him with selling a gun to an npc. when completed the player is given an ego boosting bit of text and then transferred to the next challenge. once the tutorial is completed throw them in as they normally would be.
i like this