Businesses & Onwers

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Zev

Businesses & Onwers

Post by Zev »

My suggestion is to give the government full rights of the businesses. The government would make a contract with anyone interested in running a business and run for a month.

Why only for a month? Well, some owners will run out of effort to keep their store stocked. It would, also, prevent a store being closed for a long time due to its owner not being around anymore.

Gives us a reason to have a government and gives someone a reason to run for the position.
Hamit Rugova

Re: Businesses & Onwers

Post by Hamit Rugova »

That is actually a good point, most of the businesses today are either closed or out of stock, which i think is a shame.
The contract you could write with the goverment could give you priveledges etc as long as you stick to the contract, breaking it could result in a fine of some sort.
Either way I think it sounds good.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

What? The government would run someone's business for them? What?
Zev

Post by Zev »

Of course they wouldn't. They would just RENT the business. That person RENTING the business FROM THE GOVERNMENT would run the business.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

And on what basis are businesses given to people to run for a month? Cash bids maybe?

I don't really see the roleplay element of a government leasing out businesses to owners when the aforementioned businesses are, by and large, illegal criminal enterprises. Actually setting the rent for a business makes a lot more sense if you view it as property taxes/other shit, but really, this makes very little sense.

If you're looking for some sort of government bailout because people overpaid for businesses and have put very little effort into marketing those businesses and their products, that has way more basis in reality.
Zev

Post by Zev »

The idea is to keep businesses running. If they paid a big amount of money for their business and they haven't put some effort, then too bad.

You'll need to sell a lot if the government sets your rent higher. A lot of people would just sell their business to not go bankrupt. If it's too high, then it would be hard to sell your business.