Roleplay Points

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
James_Brewer
Donut Chaser

Roleplay Points

Post by James_Brewer »

Ok so everyone knows that when you have negative roleplay points, you lose money in your paycheck. I think that it should be the same for when you earn roleplay points.

Most people that come to SZR in the end all want to have a shitload of money, but the current in which they get that is by poopsocking and not really roleplaying too much. I think that if people got more money from getting roleplay points then they would obviously roleplay a lot more. Now people might say why should they get money for doing what they are supposed to be doing? The problem is that not many actually do it and sometimes the "RP" of some of our players scares away other decent ones.

If more money was obtained through roleplay, you could almost get rid of poopsocking. For example if you could make an extra 10k in your paycheck if you roleplay all the time over dropcarring three times in an hour and making 5k. I think that if thise idea was implemented then it would have to be worth it. People will roleplay if they know there is a benefit to it.

One of the drawbacks is that in order for this to work Admins have to be watching all the time, but maybe they could allow mods to give out RPP who knows. I mean theyre always right there to take them away right? But since watching all the time will probably be tough for the admins to do my idea would be like getting and extra 3k per RPP. Or another idea is that it could be reset within the hour. So if I earned 5 RPP in one hour, Id get an extra 15k at my paycheck (Notice that is more money than any poopsock activity will make you like dropcar, fishing, etc.) and then the roleplay points get reset back to zero after my paycheck comes.

I know some people might not like this idea, but I think this will get everyone to roleplay instead of just a couple dudes and it will possibly attract more people to the server.
Gook_Johnson wrote:winning points isn't fun or useful esp when there are 20 man yakuza and mafia battles where we've only got 5 guys with peashooters, and they have m4s and rifles
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Roleplay Points

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

I edited your post and added line breaks so I could actually read it.

I tend to agree with you that it'd be beneficial to give rewards along with roleplay points. Obviously people reading your post will get hung up on the idea that the benefit of roleplaying is the roleplay itself, and I'm certainly someone who thinks that, but at the same time I realize I'm not necessarily in the majority here.

A paycheck bonus for individual RPP as well as letting more players/moderators give them out seems like a good idea to me. On the other hand, we DO use it as a tool to see who is a shithead when doing administrator stuff. If a player has a lot of RPP, we're far more inclined to help him out, or fulfill his request, and it also provides a nice cushion should you get in trouble with the admins, so they're far from worthless.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

James_Brewer wrote:(Notice that is more money than any poopsock activity will make you like dropcar, fishing, etc.)
not really, at level 5 carjacking you can make 30k per hour only by dropping
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
James_Brewer
Donut Chaser

Post by James_Brewer »

I understand what you mean by using them to see if a player is a shithead or not so maybe you could have categories like negative and positive RP points and then have overall RPP for the hour or something like that so then you are still able to see how many negative points the player has gotten and how many positive points the player has gotten overall
Gook_Johnson wrote:winning points isn't fun or useful esp when there are 20 man yakuza and mafia battles where we've only got 5 guys with peashooters, and they have m4s and rifles
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

let's just upvote and downvote each other

welcome to the social poopsocking
Freddo_Brazzi
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Freddo_Brazzi »

Maybe if every 2 weeks RPP were traded for something beneficial would be good too. Maybe like phone number change, job skills, a little money and maybe more respect point, etc.
Yamoto
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): FAGLORDE_MCMANGA

Post by Yamoto »

2 weeks would be way too often and soon enough everyone would have the goods on offer, there are rpp exchanges once in a blue moon where you can trade your points for numbers and cars and shit.
[04:50] [chat] [Caitlin_Lee]: but reaches into his pants and with a hand, squeezes his heavy large ballsack
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

mkrtich wrote:let's just upvote and downvote each other

welcome to the social poopsocking
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Carter_Fax

Post by Carter_Fax »

"With an idea comes a revolution"

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out
Till my legs give out, can’t shut my mouth.
Till the smoke clears out - am I high? Perhaps
I'ma rip this shit till my bone collapse.

Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

roleplay points are controlled by admins

if you are below 0 rpp, every negative point will deduct 5% from each paycheck. there are sometimes "rpp trade ins" but these are rare. we may put in a system to reward for having rpp.

right now, if we don't recognize a name and we want a decent gauge of how cool someone is, we check their rpp and how many warnings they have.

contrary to popular belief, there is a huge abundance of roleplay points and the net amount of rpp distributed among players at any given time is usually past +100

other than just randomly seeing people roleplay or fuck around, sometimes while i am doing other shit i bigears and peek at chat from time to time.

here are some things i look at. there is overlap in categories.

things that get me to look closer:
/mes that are not bad (stupid /mes would be things like... /me thinks about carrots. /me is angry. /me cross his arms)
typing like an idiot
speaking very well like you actually know english
if i am already reconning, talking to people while not in a car
stupid flair or cool flair

things that may cost you rpp:
dm, kos, etc
typing like a dumb idiot noob, ooc in ic, or using smiley faces ic
shooting/ramming/fucking with people you may or may not know in los santos "for the l o l s." (if you are worried about your points go outside LS and i won't care)
stupid flair

things that may get you rpp:
talking to people while not in a car
speaking very well like you actually know english
/mes that are not stupid
using animations and stuff
making an effort to roleplay for an extended period even if it is bad and you are bad
cool flair
being nice to newbies
cool stuff i can't think of listing here
quality roleplayings

things we may whisper you about:
anything that may cost you rpp
our favorite colors

all admins more or less use the same criteria. roleplay points are not hard to get.
Borat
Game Name(s): Borat_Sagdiyev

Post by Borat »

I got some for my character name. Great Success!
Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, all other countries are run by little girls.
Youtube Video: show
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

i will never not find borat funny

same thing with chappelle's show

2004 was great