FOR ALL HOUSECAR RELATED ISSUES, READ THIS

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Detective_Gumshoe
kinda dump
Game Name(s): SPEED RACER.

FOR ALL HOUSECAR RELATED ISSUES, READ THIS

Post by Detective_Gumshoe »

I tried to buy a burrito as my housecar recently and it still spawns a clover. I tried doing this twice and still nothing happened. Was wondering why this was happening, and if someone could give me a refund or try and fix the housecar bug.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Re: /carupgrade bug

Post by brains »

the way housecars are spawned has been dramatically changed in build 53. they don't get (immediately) removed when you log off, as this was the main cause of the crashing people were experiencing. instead, after you log off, the next time your housecar needs to be respawned (because it blew up, was sold at /dropcar, or was just inactive), it is removed.

however, if you log back on before the car respawns and is destroyed, it doesn't get destroyed. it sticks around, in the same spot. so people are logging on and off rapidly and thinking their housecar isn't spawned, when it actually is exactly where it was when they first logged off.

the reason why car upgrades don't show up immediately is the same as above. car upgrades only take affect when the housecar is created again, but if you keep logging on and off, it never needs to be recreated, just respawned, so it isn't.