News, Taxi, and Hitmen bug megathread

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

News, Taxi, and Hitmen bug megathread

Post by brains »

Post any and all bugs relating to any Taxi, Hitmen, or News commands or abilities in here. Please be thorough in your descriptions.
Rob

Re: News, Taxi, and Hitmen bug megathread

Post by Rob »

The hitmen gun pickup point needs be changed. The Codenames need to be set properly for people in the faction. Also a total revamp of the rank= guns system would be nice, unless you want us all to be walking around with rank 5 like we did way back in december.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

you need to be a lot more specific for everything you listed
Rob

Post by Rob »

Codenames in faction chat are listen as n/a unless either Finn or an admin sets it for them. If there was something like 411 that we can call and have the codename changed in the mechanic without bugging an admin, it'd be great.

The gun pickup point that we all use is unreliable at best. The actual location where the guns are picked up varies, it may be on the I, it may be on the platform on the I, we don't exactly know where it is. Additionally the point was supposed to be changed with each build but has since been delugated to the same place for about 12 builds.

Basically the way the gun system for a hitman works now is rank= gun packages. This is quite frankly balls when the newer recruit hitmen don't get the sniper rifle or a gun that doesn't scream HITMAN KILL KILL (like an AK, a rifle, a shotgun, etc). I'm not saying its a totally flawed system, but the lower rank packages are so shitty that everyone is usually set to the equivalent of the "soldier" rank in the hitman faction from the getgo.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

^Agree with everything Rob just said.

I made a suggestion for some taxi improvements somewhere a while ago. They're sorta bug fixes (since I hate jerks calling for taxis inside or chasing down jerks in helicopters).

/cancel taxi

So many times someone has called for a taxi when they are in an interior, or flying around in a plane or helicopter. The problem is that it's hard to catch them, and in the mean time a taxi driver can't accept anymore calls from anyone until they reach the person who they first accepted a call from. It would be nice to have a command to cancel the call you last accepted so that their red blip disappears and you can then accept other calls.

/accept taxi ID

Sometimes, someone will do /service taxi as I am typing /accept taxi, so that the person I originally wanted to pick up will have to call a taxi again. Or, someone will be spamming /service taxi so that I can't accept any legitimate calls. It would be nice to add a command that allows taxi drivers to select which person they wish to pick up. Of course, if the ID field is left blank, the taxi driver would accept a call from the last person to type /service taxi.

It would also be nice to be able to accept calls from others even if I am already responding to a call.

Would it be possible to disallow /service taxi if someone is in an interior (especially a house or jail) or in a helicopter/plane?

Also, I guess this falls under a News bug, but there is an SANews helicopter parked outside the old mat factory in Blueberry, and any jerk with a pilot license can fly it. Not to mention, why are their still non-housecars out in Blueberry? Some should probably be moved to San Fierro.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

Rob wrote:Codenames in faction chat are listen as n/a unless either Finn or an admin sets it for them. If there was something like 411 that we can call and have the codename changed in the mechanic without bugging an admin, it'd be great.
i just wrote the code to fix this.
The gun pickup point that we all use is unreliable at best. The actual location where the guns are picked up varies, it may be on the I, it may be on the platform on the I, we don't exactly know where it is. Additionally the point was supposed to be changed with each build but has since been delugated to the same place for about 12 builds.
i'm sure as hell not moving it every build, that's ridiculous, it's a waste of time and it will just confuse people. as for the current location, i know there are some oddities with actually picking up the packages and i'll take a look at it.
Basically the way the gun system for a hitman works now is rank= gun packages. This is quite frankly balls when the newer recruit hitmen don't get the sniper rifle or a gun that doesn't scream HITMAN KILL KILL (like an AK, a rifle, a shotgun, etc). I'm not saying its a totally flawed system, but the lower rank packages are so shitty that everyone is usually set to the equivalent of the "soldier" rank in the hitman faction from the getgo.
well you or finn or whoever write up a proposed list of the new packages and post it in the hitmen forums and we'll go from there.
Chris Hansen wrote: /cancel taxi

/accept taxi ID
the way taxis are called and how taxi drivers receive the calls will be changed a great deal pretty soon. it will most likely be something like a player does /service taxi, and the blip shows up for all on-duty drivers, with multiple calls able to show up simultaneously.
Also, I guess this falls under a News bug, but there is an SANews helicopter parked outside the old mat factory in Blueberry, and any jerk with a pilot license can fly it. Not to mention, why are their still non-housecars out in Blueberry? Some should probably be moved to San Fierro.
is it a static spawn or did an admin spawn it? i didn't think there were any newsmav spawns outside of news hq and fbi hq. i'll take a look, though.
Rob

Post by Rob »

brains wrote: i'm sure as hell not moving it every build, that's ridiculous, it's a waste of time and it will just confuse people. as for the current location, i know there are some oddities with actually picking up the packages and i'll take a look at it.
I'm not saying every build, but once every 10 builds would be nice just so we can not get discovered.
is it a static spawn or did an admin spawn it? i didn't think there were any newsmav spawns outside of news hq and fbi hq. i'll take a look, though
It was original a Maverick back like 10 builds ago. It's a static spawn. Recently it has since become an unlocked SANEWS chopper because of vehicle IDs being fucked up, I imagine.

Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Just chiming in to say I've never had an issue with the gun pickup point.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

When a hitman gets into a car after attacking a hit, and the hit bleeds out, the kill registers as a carkill and the contract isn't collected. In fact, is there any reason why carkills don't count as completed hits? It's not like hitmen are gonna actually kill people with their cars.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

the blueberry newsmav is fixed, carkill issues should be fixed, needs testing. the packages pickup will be redone with of the other pickups soon. as for the packages themselves, i need to read the thread more closely but i suppose we can do away with rank-based guns, because yeah, it's pointless, everyone will just end up set to rank 5 like the old hitmen.
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

The hitman faction still exists, can we fix this?
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
Mrado
Donut Chaser

Post by Mrado »

brains wrote:the blueberry newsmav is fixed, carkill issues should be fixed, needs testing.
I'm not an hitman, but. I shot at some guy and he eluded bleeding, and then died in his car, and i got the 'Carkill' message.
Brendan_Thomson
Game Name(s): Brendan_Thomson

Post by Brendan_Thomson »

Was a hitman temporarily, the command to show the current hits worked for a bit. I did f4 and /kill to change my skin then after that it just showed the message

'You are Not a Hitman!'
Brendan_Thomson - LSPD Officer
Giorgio_Peduzzi wrote:the dam of anger 6 years
<+Kovalenko> YAY
<%MeatBoat> BANG
* MeatBoat sets mode: +b *!*Kovalenko@*.pool.t-umts.hu
Rob

Post by Rob »

That's because you got ini removed from it.

Brendan_Thomson

While I was online? My /stats still said I was a hitman and I could still do /portable
<+Kovalenko> YAY
<%MeatBoat> BANG
Rob

Post by Rob »

You got ini removed while you were online, yes, so until you got /epp kicked there'd most likely be problems in general.

Brendan_Thomson

I relogged twice in an attempt to fix the problem, in the end Nurgle told me to /quitfaction
<+Kovalenko> YAY
<%MeatBoat> BANG
Jonathan_Ashley

Post by Jonathan_Ashley »

all the hitmen are bugged
Adj

Post by Adj »

Hitman tax on paycheck is great!
Problem (bug in my opinion) is that there's no message when you get killed. This will decrease the fun of having a hit on you, and the contractors 'reason' is never showed to the victim.
Rob

Post by Rob »

It does appear on your paycheck. If you paycheck is in the negatives, that's how you will know you got hit. That and the statement saying YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A HITMAN RECENTLY.

DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Frank_Dowling Alabaster_Codify

Post by DuncUK »

It's a real minor one, but one of the News Vans doesn't spawn properly...

ImageImage

It seems to get stuck in the railings above where it spawns... I have once seen it fall down of its own accord. You can get in it which also makes it fall, but it looks daft.
Alabaster Codify, SA News... on a break from SZR.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

the man gets a flying news van and he complains about it