Family Territory

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Matt_Porter

Family Territory

Post by Matt_Porter »

This is probably a dumb idea but I've seen other rp servers having territory avabilable for families to take. Families could fight over it like a real organised crime family. There are many benefits towards families with territory put in, but thats just to big of a explaination. Well reply your opinion below. Love it, hate it, it's just there.
tasmanian

Re: Family Territory

Post by tasmanian »

I think thats what the points are for.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

they're called gang zones, and here is exactly why we don't use them:

a gang zone is a large rectangular area you can capture by being in it. the problem is, it's not any fun at all. it always devolves into 2 or 3 people starting a takeover of a zone just by driving through it, and the other gang has to come in and half-heartedly fight for it, and this happens again and again and again until no-one wants to even bother with it at all. it's great for a team deathmatch gamemode, but for rp people will just get incredibly tired of having to muster up for a fight everytime some dope in an enemy gang took a shortcut through your zone.

the only way to make it fun is to severely limit the circumstances they can be captured under, but after you do that all you get is a point battle that's spread out over a couple blocks instead of in one place. i just think people would get burned out really quickly from continuous battles over a dumb neighborhood.
Jazz_Mesa

Post by Jazz_Mesa »

Actually there was a server TDM gang war where if you killed 2-3 Ballas in a balla territory you would start a gang war.
Sammut
Game Name(s): Adrian_Sammut

Post by Sammut »

This would probably just be taken advantage of, with a gang with a lot of people on trying to take the territory of a gang with just a few people on.

Its better just to have strategic points to fight over where you can pick your fights.
Matt_Porter

Post by Matt_Porter »

I didn't mean like half assed gangs, I meant established families with HQ's but Brains does make a valid point on why they arn't put in. It makes sense.
Tom_Anderson
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Tom_Anderson »

How about we add this for the pubbie gangs like ballas and vagos?
Hot Rod III
Game Name(s): i drive a yellow car

Post by Hot Rod III »

i keep saying it should be the basketball courts
Image Image Image
Filip_Filipowicz

Post by Filip_Filipowicz »

Its could be good idea, if there will be vulnerable time to get it, like with points.
Matt_Porter

Post by Matt_Porter »

Tom_Anderson may have an idea there.
Jefe_daCosta
Game Name(s): Jefe_daCosta

Post by Jefe_daCosta »

Tom_Anderson wrote:How about we add this for the pubbie gangs like ballas and vagos?
Pubbies are supposed to lean people how this server and Role Playing works... Vagos and Ballas are always fighting now that there arent Gang Zones. imagine what would happen if there were. DM DM DM.
kioww

Post by kioww »

killing stuff would be just another excuse for dm
make "i"s for every major reigon. they should be vulnurable at certain times (maybe all at once in a certain time of the day or for every 6 hours) so you can take them like taking a mat point