Fishing Bug

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Kevin Douse

Fishing Bug

Post by Kevin Douse »

I'm a level 5 fisher and this morning i tried fishing and every single time i tried to fish it just said Line Snapped. I tried logging out and then tried on a different character and found that that character could fish fine. I'm practically broke now since i mainly fish as my job.

Heres a screenshot:
Attachments
sa-mp-154.png
sa-mp-154.png (488.12 KiB) Viewed 4887 times
Harabec Weathers

Re: Fishing Bug

Post by Harabec Weathers »

LINESNAPPED
MOFOJO101

Post by MOFOJO101 »

ye my stats say fish caught 0 but all i get is line snapped. everyone keeps sayin wait for reload but i waited over an hour and still no luck.
Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo!
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

bra strap
Rob

Post by Rob »

We changed fishing so you couldn't use it as your primary source of income to make millions (hello, Draco, Marius, Chang Lao, etc), but that may have screwed over everyone who just got to level 5. Previously there was a hidden level 6 characteristic that gave you more fish at a higher weight once you went past a certain point at level 5. This will probably be our new cutoff point, at about 700 fish total, I'd think.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Kevin Douse

Post by Kevin Douse »

Rob wrote:We changed fishing so you couldn't use it as your primary source of income to make millions (hello, Draco, Marius, Chang Lao, etc), but that may have screwed over everyone who just got to level 5. Previously there was a hidden level 6 characteristic that gave you more fish at a higher weight once you went past a certain point at level 5. This will probably be our new cutoff point, at about 700 fish total, I'd think.
Dang. Cant you just increase cooldown or average weight or something?
anarchcow
Game Name(s): Eliad_Asulin

Post by anarchcow »

So it looks like fishing is going to be strictly a newbie springboard of sorts?
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

anarchcow wrote:So it looks like fishing is going to be strictly a newbie springboard of sorts?
Preaty much. Becauase people used to it poopsock too much with it.

Kevin said it himself
I'm practically broke now since i mainly fish as my job.
People would just fish all day and not do anything "job" related. And they would come out ahead in the end.
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
Saired_Scorpius

Post by Saired_Scorpius »

I just thought the fish were pissed off from all the poopsockers killing their friends...
John

Post by John »

Kevin Douse wrote:
Rob wrote:We changed fishing so you couldn't use it as your primary source of income to make millions (hello, Draco, Marius, Chang Lao, etc), but that may have screwed over everyone who just got to level 5. Previously there was a hidden level 6 characteristic that gave you more fish at a higher weight once you went past a certain point at level 5. This will probably be our new cutoff point, at about 700 fish total, I'd think.
Dang. Cant you just increase cooldown or average weight or something?
Make the cooldown times increase as the level increases. 5 additional minutes per level until the cooldown time is 20 minutes for lvl 5. That way, you keep the poopsockers from becoming millionaires solely from fishing while not pissing off the people who worked up to lvl 5, only to find out they can't fish anymore.
Wait.....just who the hell is this guy anyways?
-----------------------

Roster of faggots removed until further notice.
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

John wrote: Make the cooldown times increase as the level increases. 5 additional minutes per level until the cooldown time is 20 minutes for lvl 5. That way, you keep the poopsockers from becoming millionaires solely from fishing while not pissing off the people who worked up to lvl 5, only to find out they can't fish anymore.
:effort: Fucking with timers in SAMP is bad.
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
Tommy_Vercetti
Game Name(s): Tommy_Vercetti Marius_Johnson

Post by Tommy_Vercetti »

Rob wrote:(hello, Draco, Marius, Chang Lao, etc)
Hello! :happycat:
Brad_Richie

Post by Brad_Richie »

:wtc:

Just make it so it works like /n. After you attain a certain overall level, you can't fish any more, just like you can't talk in /n.
YA_MACHINES
Donut Chaser

Post by YA_MACHINES »

Brad_Richie wrote::wtc:

Just make it so it works like /n. After you attain a certain overall level, you can't fish any more, just like you can't talk in /n.
this would make sense if your were forced to level and it had any real advantages
Last edited by YA_MACHINES on August 18th, 2008, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad_Richie

Post by Brad_Richie »

HomelessFriend wrote:
Brad_Richie wrote::wtc:

this would make sense if your where forced to level and it had any real advantages
Ya, you're right. I was assuming that people wouldn't try to stay at a low level to /fish, but when you think it over, thats exactly what most trolls would do anyways.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I say keep fishing exactly the way it is and there will be no problems.
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time. Any fucking day
Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona bay

Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

Bonez wrote:I say keep fishing exactly the way it is and there will be no problems.
That's why Draco made 1mil within the first week or so? That's from fishing and dropcaring all day. If you made more then that by actually PLAYING THE GAME then fine, but otherwise, leave it like that.
Clockarchist

Post by Clockarchist »

don't you think it'd be more appropriate to put in a message like "No more fishes for you, now fuck off" instead of just making it look like a bug?
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

Clockarchist wrote:don't you think it'd be more appropriate to put in a message like "No more fishes for you, now fuck off" instead of just making it look like a bug?
It was changed a few days after this was posted. Also it was never impossible to fish, it just took more time....like real fishing. So out of 3-4 hours of fishing you might of came away with 2-3 fish. People being the poopsockers they were made fish macros that would spam the /fish command 1000's of times a minute until they got something.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
Harabec Weathers

Post by Harabec Weathers »

Except it's autohotkey, simple binds not scripts, and is widely accepted by all SA:MP servers, including this one.

Also, it was impossible to fish once you hit level 6 regardless of how many times you spammed /fish.
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

Harabec Weathers wrote:Except it's autohotkey, simple binds not scripts,
:psy:
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
anarchcow
Game Name(s): Eliad_Asulin

Post by anarchcow »

Harabec Weathers wrote:Except it's autohotkey, simple binds not scripts, and is widely accepted by all SA:MP servers, including this one.
Uh yeah, AHK doesn't integrate itself into any other program, game or otherwise; it uses simple scripts. :bandwagon: