Some shit you might want to use.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Rickster
Game Name(s): Ricky_Ames

Some shit you might want to use.

Post by Rickster »

Hello. I have scripted a few things, and I am putting them here becase it could be fun to have them on the server. Not necessary!

First of all: ENGINES
So, when you enter a car, or any other vehicle, you need to do /start to get the vehicle going.
This could be fun, since then, people can't just goto a car, take it, and drive off.
The commands would be:
/start, and that starts the engine.
/estop, that stops the engine.
/exitcar, this command can be only used when the engine is off.

Also, if someone wants to know, then: The script is tested & working!
So, If you want to use this, then go ahead. I will put the script here: http://pastebin.com/f50960819.
(Just make it into a filterscript, or add it into the main gamemode it self.)

Moving on!

Now, something more simplyer: Cell phone animations!

Yes, I think it would be more simplyer to have the phone animation come out, automaticly, not having to do /celling and /cellout when you feel like it.

The code is pretty short, and verrry simple!
So, when you do, eg. /call 911, you automaticly get the /cellout animation, and when you do /h, it does /cellin.
And again, if you want to use it, that's fine, but here's the script:

Code: Select all

#define SPECIAL_ACTION_USECELLPHONE 11
#define SPECIAL_ACTION_SITTING 12
#define SPECIAL_ACTION_STOPUSECELLPHONE 13

THE /CALL:
SetPlayerSpecialAction(playerid,SPECIAL_ACTION_USECELLPHONE);
(Put that one line up from this: format(string, sizeof(string), "* %s takes out a cellphone.", sendername);)
THE /PICKUP:
SetPlayerSpecialAction(playerid,SPECIAL_ACTION_USECELLPHONE);
(Put it one line up from: format(string, sizeof(string), "* %s answers his cellphone.", sendername);)
THE /HANGUP:
SetPlayerSpecialAction(playerid,SPECIAL_ACTION_STOPUSECELLPHONE);
(Put the code one line up from: format(string, sizeof(string), "* %s pockets the cellphone.", sendername);)
Ok, moving on.

The next is just some new shit in the /animlist.
Use if want to, heres the code:

if (strcmp("/hurt", cmdtext, true, 4) == 0) {
          LoopingAnim(playerid,"SWEET", "SWEET_INJUREDLOOP", 4.0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0); // hurt
		  return 1;
    }

if (strcmp("/seat", cmdtext, true, 4) == 0) {
          LoopingAnim(playerid,"PED", "SEAT_IDLE", 4.0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Chair Seat
		  return 1;
    }

if (strcmp("/hcover", cmdtext, true) == 0) {
	      OnePlayAnim(playerid, "PED", "HANDSCOWER", 3.0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Hand Cover
		  return 1;
	}

Also add the commands into /animlist:
SendClientMessage(playerid,0xAFAFAFAA,"/seat /hurt /hcover");
I've also made gates for the lspd, but since it already has 'em, then no need for those.
I also made /rob and /pullincar, but I still need to adjust those, I need to put a cooldown to it, to avoid spammage use, also I need to put them so, that only level 3+ people can use them, otherwise some random noobs will kidnap someone all the time.

If you want more codes, then just ask me, but those would be cool to have on the server. Ok that is all.
Gook_Johnson

Re: Some shit you might want to use.

Post by Gook_Johnson »

:arghy: :arghy: :arghy: :arghy: :arghy:
Last edited by Gook_Johnson on August 14th, 2008, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

:colbert:
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

engines no, anims sure.
Anthony Martinez

Post by Anthony Martinez »

it will suck if u put engines on cars it will take too long to start driving
Jeffu_Koiso
Boogs
Game Name(s): pink nipples

Post by Boogs »

Gook_Johnson wrote:too bad mta has almost all of this built in
the car engine/lights/locks are in... But we have to wait for DP3 for ingame animations (default anims and custom imported ones)

they need to do it fast until November.... GTAIV will be released on PC :V
Theres big possibilities that we might lose players starting that month :cripebert:
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

If y'all are interested, I made roadblock command for the lsdp.

It would include:

/rb = Places the roadblock.
/drb = Deletes the roablock that you just placed.
Tommy_Vercetti
Game Name(s): Tommy_Vercetti Marius_Johnson

Post by Tommy_Vercetti »

I think cops will abuse that command so...I dont think its a good idea
Full Name:Maor_Satriani
Date of Birth: (( Remember, this is the in character section, and we assume the year is 1992 )) 1993
Mrado
Donut Chaser

Post by Mrado »

Tommy_Vercetti wrote:I think cops will abuse that command so...I dont think its a good idea
Shut up you stupid pubbie
Tommy_Vercetti

Post by Tommy_Vercetti »

Mrado wrote:
Tommy_Vercetti wrote:I think cops will abuse that command so...I dont think its a good idea
Shut up you stupid pubbie
See? :bunchies:
Date of Birth: (( Remember, this is the in character section, and we assume the year is 1992 )) 1993
Finster

Post by Finster »

I find in some situations it would be very nice to be able to start and stop an engine, though I don't think it should be mandatory.

For example; Turning the engine off while in a car to save gas. Leaving the engine on while outside of a car to perhaps keep it from despawning (Unless it runs out of gas, then the spawn timer could start).
SALMON

Post by SALMON »

/pullincar would lead to crashes/bugs as you cant check what seat passengers are in, meaning you would inevitably stick someone in a seat that is already occupied
Gook_Johnson wrote:too bad mta has almost all of this built in
it doesnt have any of it built in ps youre gay
Finster wrote:I find in some situations it would be very nice to be able to start and stop an engine, though I don't think it should be mandatory.

For example; Turning the engine off while in a car to save gas. Leaving the engine on while outside of a car to perhaps keep it from despawning (Unless it runs out of gas, then the spawn timer could start).
afaik you cant keep a car from respawning in a specific situation (you can set it to never respawn ever)

CAPTAIN NEGATIVE AWAY
pichers
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

SALMON wrote:/pullincar would lead to crashes/bugs as you cant check what seat passengers are in, meaning you would inevitably stick someone in a seat that is already occupied
The /pullincar code is scripted like the LSPD's /detain. Only that, everyone who is level 3+ can use it.
Also, there is a timer of 300 seconds in it, to avoid spammage usage. Also, let's say I type,
/pullincar a_huge_gay 2, there is a 50% change of it to work, so you can't kidnap people all the time.
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

Rickster wrote:
SALMON wrote:/pullincar would lead to crashes/bugs as you cant check what seat passengers are in, meaning you would inevitably stick someone in a seat that is already occupied
The /pullincar code is scripted like the LSPD's /detain. Only that, everyone who is level 3+ can use it.
Also, there is a timer of 300 seconds in it, to avoid spammage usage. Also, let's say I type,
/pullincar a_huge_gay 2, there is a 50% change of it to work, so you can't kidnap people all the time.
That still doesnt not stop the fact that there is no check to see if someone if sitting there or not. So you could put A_huge_gay in seat 2, but what if someone is already sitting there?
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

Hm. Well, people need to use it so, that they won't pull people into a seat where someone is already sitting.
I'm sure people aren't stupid enough to do it, I mean, what's the point of it? Putting someone in a same seat where someone is already sitting, I mean, that's not even remotely funny!

But, of course some fag from the kindom of faggotry will abuse it to put more people on one vehicle, sure. But that's why I put the timer on it, since I saw the same thing on my own server. So, there won't be as much as abusing as there would be, if it wouldn't have a timer on it.

And remember, it might not always work. So, the abusing might lower a huge bar down.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Rickster wrote:Hm. Well, people need to use it so, that they won't pull people into a seat where someone is already sitting.
I'm sure people aren't stupid enough to do it, I mean, what's the point of it? Putting someone in a same seat where someone is already sitting, I mean, that's not even remotely funny!
This is why we don't have boats, modding them will crash the server

"I'm sure people aren't that stupid" is never acceptable, because people are always that stupid
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

Juke wrote:
Rickster wrote:Hm. Well, people need to use it so, that they won't pull people into a seat where someone is already sitting.

"I'm sure people aren't that stupid" is never acceptable, because people are always that stupid
no, we don't have boats because they take up more vehicle slots and they are of little or no use in the current gamemode.
Tommy_Vercetti

Post by Tommy_Vercetti »

please no /pullincar, noobs will abuse it.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

brains wrote:
Juke wrote:

no, we don't have boats because they take up more vehicle slots and they are of little or no use in the current gamemode.
OH
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

You cant go over 3mph in a boat without losing any passengers that are trying to stay on.
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
Mrado
Donut Chaser

Post by Mrado »

Rickster wrote: And remember, it might not always work. So, the abusing might lower a huge bar down.
Gangs will just have 3-5 people try it over and over till it succeeds.
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

Ya, mebbe it's a bad idea.
UNA

Post by UNA »

Rickster wrote:If y'all are interested, I made roadblock command for the lsdp.

It would include:

I think this is a nifty idea - limit the number of roadblocks that can be set (1 per officer) - or if you're afraid of abuse, limit the number and make it so only rank X can use the command.

Right now police roadblocks are stacks of cars - stacks of cars that don't stop anyone or anything.
Kevin Douse

Post by Kevin Douse »

UNA wrote:
Rickster wrote:If y'all are interested, I made roadblock command for the lsdp.

It would include:

I think this is a nifty idea - limit the number of roadblocks that can be set (1 per officer) - or if you're afraid of abuse, limit the number and make it so only rank X can use the command.

Right now police roadblocks are stacks of cars - stacks of cars that don't stop anyone or anything.
i think this would be good if you could only place the roadblock while on foot to avoid officers pulling in front of criminals and magically dropping a roadblock thru the floor of the car
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

Yes, I made the script that, only one officer can place ONE roadblock, otherwise the whole city would be filled with roadblocks.