Can't Make Any Screenshots

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Brad
Game Name(s): Aunt_Larry

Can't Make Any Screenshots

Post by Brad »

Does anyone know why I can't make any screenshots? Every time I press F8 to make a screenshot, it doesn't save. I checked "Gallery", and no screen shots are found. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-BIT.
Aunt Larry - SAS - Alive
Luigi

Re: Can't Make Any Screenshots

Post by Luigi »

They are saved to your San Andreas folder, example:
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\PICTURES ARE HERE
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

also: make sure storepics is on

press esc -> go into options / video / store gallery photo's / select on {enter}
[IMG]
Clownstab

Post by Clownstab »

they're saved into the folder you installed the game to.

like c:\program files\rockstar games\gta sa
Brad

Post by Brad »

It's already on, but the screenshots still don't save.
Aunt Larry - SAS - Alive
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

You can only have 1000 screenshots in the folder at one time.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Mrado
Donut Chaser

Post by Mrado »

how screenshot get formed
Brad

Post by Brad »

Chris Hansen wrote:You can only have 1000 screenshots in the folder at one time.
Yeah, but I don't even have one inside there.
Aunt Larry - SAS - Alive
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Well, if you really want to take screenshots and are unable to find a solution for this issue, I recommend downloading Fraps or something similar that allows you to take and save screenshots by pressing a hotkey. As well, fraps allows you to record video, which is much better than screenshots usually.
Brad_Richie

Post by Brad_Richie »

Brad wrote:
Chris Hansen wrote:You can only have 1000 screenshots in the folder at one time.
Yeah, but I don't even have one inside there.
If you're running off the "Steam" version of GTA (Like I am) you can find the screenshots in:
(Assuming your main hard drive is "C:"
C:/Program files/Steam/steamapps/<Steam name>/Common/Grand Theft Auto san andreas/

If you enable what Rachel recommended, and all else fails, you should download Fraps or Xfire (Like Luigi recommended) to take screenshots. That, or you can just reinstall everything.
Drew_DeCrenzio
Game Name(s): Drew_DeCrenzio

Post by Drew_DeCrenzio »

Brad wrote:Does anyone know why I can't make any screenshots? Every time I press F8 to make a screenshot, it doesn't save. I checked "Gallery", and no screen shots are found. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-BIT.

I know the solution,
you must go under options and make sure your save photo gallery option is enabled, all that stuff under your options that is about gallery and screenshots must be enabled or turned on yes, and also i think it saves under users and then san andreas then gallery under you :C drive, so try that and if it dont work let me know
Wilson Smith

Post by Wilson Smith »

Drew_DeCrenzio wrote:
Brad wrote:Does anyone know why I can't make any screenshots? Every time I press F8 to make a screenshot, it doesn't save. I checked "Gallery", and no screen shots are found. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-BIT.

I know the solution,
you must go under options and make sure your save photo gallery option is enabled, all that stuff under your options that is about gallery and screenshots must be enabled or turned on yes, and also i think it saves under users and then san andreas then gallery under you :C drive, so try that and if it dont work let me know
i took some screen shots and only some stayed in gallery and when i take more they dont save :|
Suzuki_Minoru
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Suzuki_Minoru »

Just do what i do, hope you get 1 really good screenshot by pushing 'Print Screen'
"Capitalization is the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack-off a horse."
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

or downloads fraps.
Adj

Post by Adj »

Compability Files

I figure some players might still have this problem. It's due to the compability mode (98/me) you play samp with and the solution is very easy. Go to the gta program folder (C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas/). Your screenshots are supposed to be here but you can't find them. Above the section with your files you've got some buttons in your file browser. Click the Compability Files button (or something like that, translated this myself) and you'll see all your screenshots.

There's also another way to get to these files but you're browsing for hours..
Go to this folder:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas
Ray_Parkour

Post by Ray_Parkour »

If you tried all of these suggestions, and all else fails, press the 'Print Screen' / 'Prnt Scrn' button its generally located in the top right hand corner of the key board, sometimes above the Home , Insert buttons . . .