Complete Real Estate of Los Santos : Château des Saints

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Louis_Phillippe

Complete Real Estate of Los Santos : Château des Saints

Post by Louis_Phillippe »

Louis Phillippe's Complete Real Estate of Los Santos : Château des Saints

A comprehensive guide on navigating Los Santos Real Estate for new residents and hardened souls alike.

Table of Contents:
I. Introduction
II. What Housing Offers
III. /commands
IV. House/House Car Descriptions
V. Frequently Asked Questions
VI. Notes

I. Introduction

Bonjour, my name is Louis_Phillippe, and I am here to tell you about great american real estate investments in Los Santos. You, yes you, can achieve your dreams of your very own gorgeous chateau! Or are you more the chic Parisian loft type? Perhaps you prefer to pay homage to your third estate ancestors and remain in the suburban ghetto with the stink of bad cheese and head scarves. Lacking the courage to test your money on a LS property? If you ansswered yes to any of these questions, then look no further than Louis_Phillippe's Real Estate Guide Extraordinaire! Here I will teach you the howto's of property buying, how to find the hotspot you have been dreaming off, what to do in the event of rival buyers, how much to put down on your prime real estate, and what happens if you should default on your property and Nurgle has to tow your sorry ass away! :pseudo: If you have questions or comments, PLEASE do not hesitate to call my cell #3372, or drop some snail mail in my szrgta.com message box. Enjoy your new american property!

II. What Housing Offers

House: Your house serves many purposes. A spawn point, a place of safety, and a free car, are a number of reasons one should invest in real estate. For many players, their house becomes the central point of the server, after their gang point. Also free with your house comes pride in homeownership. Also to note: the bank loves homeowners, so make sure to own one for purposes of interest! The advantages far outnumber the disadvantages, and every citizen of Los Santos should become a homeowner.

House Car: With every house comes a free house car to assist the player in reaching the central hub of Los Santos. This car can be upgraded with new vehicles, locks, paint, and even remote locking features.Most interestingly, it will magically reappear for you whenever you lose it as well! Your house car will be like your newly adopted Nigerian baby, so dress it up, take it out, but don't worry if you need a distraction to escape the paparazzi, a new baby is born in Africa every second! :iiaca:

Interest Rate: The city has severe problems with the real estate market. Since crime is so high in Los Santos, you will always lose money by reselling your house, the market is in a huge decline. For this reason, the city teamed up with the banks, and will provide you, the consumer, with higher interest in all of your Los Santos savings accounts instead! What's that? The complete opposite of reality? Well...this is los Santos, you know...

Paint: Every snowflake must be special, and that applies to you too. Your housecar can be modified to fit into the ID's provided by Rockstar, namely 1-200. Like a nice 38? Or how about the lovely 155? They are all here folks, so make sure to customize to your heart's content. Me? Why on my banshee I prefer a 102 161 mix. Go ahead, try it and see. This works similar to the wheelman /colorcar command.

Lock: Your car wouldn't be your car without a little security! This will allow you to lock your car and keep your private vehicle, private. You can allow friends to use your locked car as well, with the /givekey. Make your locking system even better with a remote lock, for on-the-go locking!

III. /commands

Slash commands, or /commands, are a simple way for the server admins to allow all players to access options available to them. The most basic /command is /help, which will bring down a list of new /commands to further assist the player. The /commands listed are those relevant to the process of buying, upgrading, and selling houses.

/househelp - the most basic housing /command, this is the launching point for all housing related help commands

An example of bad house entrance placement.

An example of good house entrance placement.

An example of bad car placement.

An example of good car placement.

***House***
/buyhouse - Begins the leasing agreement! This is a short process but must be done correctly. Find your house and begin by typing this command, then reading the text given.
../buyhouse entrance - The second step in buying a house, place the entrance at an appropriate front door, and type this command to place your house.
../buyhouse car - Third Step. Here you will decide where your car spawns. Make it a good spot, so you have easy access to the street beyond.
../buyhouse level [1-10] - Final step! This will decide the quality of your house. Your house level must be equal to or less than your character level.
/sellhouse - Selling your house in order to buy another is recommended only if you are able to recover the loss. You gain back 80% of what you put into your house originally.
../sellhouse confirm - Confirmation for the selling of your house.
/home - Forget where you live? This will mark your house on your map.
/houseinvite - Invites friends to your house! Use their ID number to place a marker on your friend's map.

***Car***
/carupgrade - Begins the process for choosing a new car type. You begin with a junker, so this command is a definite must.
/housecarcolor - Change your car's color through color IDs.
/housecarlock - Learn more about the locking features of your car.
/lock - Locks your car. Can be remote locked anywhere with upgrade.
/unlock - Unlocks your car.
/givekey - Allows another player access to your locked vehicle.

***Other***
Miscellaneous Commands not related to housing.

/enter - To enter your home.
/exit - To exit your home.

IV. House/House Car Descriptions

From level 1 to 10, unique interiors are available to the homeowner. Each level of house costs $50,000, so save up those paychecks and put a rest to the murders and drugs for a bit.

More Coming Soon w/ pictures! If admins can help, I would like screenshots for houses levels 1-10 for viewer's delight.

The exterior of your house is, of course, whatever you choose as your entrance. The interior is quite different. Depending on the level of house you purchase, your interior will vastly improve. This is the true measure of rich and poor in Los Santos.

***House Section***

Level 1 House $50,000
Level 1 Interior A

Level 2 House $100,000
Level 2 Interior A
Level 2 Interior B
Level 2 Interior C
Level 2 Interior D

Level 3 House $150,000
Level 3 Interior A
Level 3 Interior B
Level 3 Interior C
Level 3 Interior D

Level 4 House $200,000
Level 4 Interior A
Level 4 Interior B
Level 4 Interior C
Level 4 Interior D

Level 5 House $250,000

Level 6 House $300,000
Level 6 Interior A
Level 6 Interior B
Level 6 Interior C

Level 7 House $350,000
Level 7 Interior A
Level 7 Interior B
Level 7 Interior C
Level 7 Interior D

Level 8 House $400,000

Level 9 House $450,000

Level 10 House $500,000

*** Car Section***

Your house car is your personal vehicle, and must be cherished. As such, the great people of Los Santos have implemented modifications, customizations, and interesting models to choose from. Below you will find a list of each house car available, and a simple description of each. Only one car per account can be purchased. As of September 2008, different vehicles now have different prices, ranging from $50,000 to $2million.

$2,000,000 Cars

sandking - The best off-road vehicle, and a tank at that. Recommended for armor purposes. Speed: **, Handling: ***, Armor: ***

Comet - Fast little porsche looking thing. 2 Seats. Speed: ***, Handling: **, Armor: *

sultan - Secret's out. This is the all-round best car available to you, in my opinion. Speed: ***, Handling: ***, Armor: **

Maverick - Yes, a personal helicoptor! For the rich and famous only. Must have pilots license or be a wheelman. Speed: ****, Handling **, Armor ***

$500,000 Cars

banshee - Sexy and Fast, but very weak. Speed: ***, Handling: **, Armor: *

Freeway - Biker bike.

jester - A fast car, but not that great of handling. Slightly stronger than a banshee. Speed: ***, Handling: *, Armor: **

Buffalo

Remington

$250,000 Cars

sabre - American muscle car. Pretty tough, but not much else going for it. Speed: *, Handling: **, Armor: ***

blista - Small 80s looking car. Not worth the price. Speed: **, Handling: **, Armor: *

Premier

$100,000 Cars

admiral - A great car in a small package; this bad boy is not to be underestimated. Believe me when I say this is the best you can get for this price range, by far. Speed: **, Handling: ***, Armor: **

stretch - The iconic limousine. Great for looks, poor for function. Speed: *, Handling: *, Armor: **

huntley - A good SUV. Poor acceleration, but great off-road. Speed: **, Handling: ***, Armor: **

Feltzer - A classic latino vehicle. Open roof and velvet seats for the luxury inclined. Good all-round car. Speed: **, Handling: **, Armor: **

Stafford

$50,000 Cars

oceanic - Vice City style, very hispanic/Vagos-like. Speed: *, Handling: **, Armor: **

greenwood - It's a winnebego look-a-like. Not too interesting. Speed: **, Handling: *, Armor: **

mesa - The WWII hummer lookalike. Not the best SUV option, especially for the price. Speed: *, Handling: **, Armor: **

Savanna

burrito - A-Team Van! Has a lot of cargo space for extra people. Speed: *, Handling: **, Armor: **

Default Car

clover - Default house car, which means its hideous. Speed: **, Handling *, Armor: *

V. Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Where can I place my house?

A. At the front door of any reasonable in-game house. What's reasonable? A building that looks like a house, that is not knowingly used for anything else. Admins have final say on what is a reasonable location and what isn't.

Q. Can I place my house anywhere in San Andreas?

A. Yes, but why would you want to? Every time you respawned you will have to travel a long distance to get to Los Santos, and if you change your spawn elsewhere, you will be wasting the purpose of your house(house car).

Q. Why can't I choose any car that I want?

A. The choices listed by the admins are the most 'average' vehicles in the game. They cannot be easily exploited, and they are not a burden in some other way to the server. If you need a more technical answer, seek it from an admin.

Q. Help! I lost my house! How can I figure out where my house is, anyway?

A. Use the /home command, monsieur.

Q. So, where does everyone buy a house, anyway? I want to get in on the block party action.

A. Excellent question! By far the most common neighborhood is the luxurious stretch of homes west of the Tea house, wrapping around Los Santos north east to the Vinewood sign. The downside is much of this real estate is taken by more predatorial investors, and you may wish to look elsewhere in the city for that dream escape.

Q. Should I buy a house at character level 1, or is it worth it to wait until character level 10 to get the premium interior?

A. This is entirely a question of personal choice. Money is not a problem at level 10, and you are only losing $10,000 in the exchange anyway. The real question, however, is whether to upgrade your house items or not. I would suggest members of gangs to not upgrade their level 1 house, since they will probably not spawn there anyway. Individuals may want the exceptional features of housecar upgrades before they hit level 10. Whatever your choice is, its always reversible, so do not fret your decision either way.

VI. Notes

Thank you to those who have contributed to this guide. Jonny_montana for your level 6 house pictures, and Alex_Pherson for your level 7 house pictures. A very big thank you to the admins and coders of SZR, without you guys none of us would be playing this great game. If there are questions or comments, or information to be filled in that I have missed, please provide constructive feedback to this thread.

update: February 1st, 2009
-long time since the last update, some info might have changed
-updated level 8, 9, and 10 houses with red text to indicate a lack of screenshots
-added a level 5 house category, without screenshots

update: October 1st, 2008
-added level 4 house pictures
-added sabre, burrito, jester, and admiral car pictures

update: September 30th, 2008
-been awhile. Updating level 6 and 7 house pictures
-a few minor updates to vehicles. These need much more work to be updated to present build

update: September 14th, 2008
-level 3 housing pictures

update: September 13th, 2008
-further upgrade to cars
-added pictures for blista, greenwod, and level 2 house

update: September 10th, 2008
-new /carupgrade vehicles forced me to redesign the entire section. It is now a work in progress.

update: September 6th/7th, 2008
-changed the French
-made the title easier to understand
-added a lot of house car information
-added some car pictures. somehow forgot all the sports cars that people would actually want
-changed house level pictures to links instead of clustering the guide.
-added a few pictures for house and car placement.
-corrected some typos

creation: September 6th, 2008
-text and basics implemented.
-table of contents added.
Last edited by Louis_Phillippe on February 1st, 2009, 2:40 am, edited 23 times in total.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Re: Comprehensive LS Real Estate: Il n'y a pas de petit chez soi

Post by Silver_Leo »

For a french guy you're pretty bad in french.

Il n'y a pas de petit chez soi. ~ "There's no place like home."

More like you said " There isn't a small at my home "

I have no clue how you thought petit meant place.
Louis_Phillippe

I actually copied the quote from online, I am only a French descendant so..take that as you will. I will immediately find a grammatically correct version and update it though!
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

as far as real estate help goes, this is an excellent post, thankyou ( merci )
[IMG]
DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Frank_Dowling Alabaster_Codify

Re: Complete Real Estate of Los Santos : Château des Saints

Post by DuncUK »

Damn, I wish I'd read this two days ago... great guide.

As for suggestions there is no mention about "house weapons". By chance I noticed in another, older thread that we are not to pick up house weapons... assuming this rule is still valid then it makes sense to mention it.

(if not then I guess they should be mentioned as a perk?)
Alabaster Codify, SA News... on a break from SZR.
Brian_Clarke

Post by Brian_Clarke »

As for suggestions there is no mention about "house weapons". By chance I noticed in another, older thread that we are not to pick up house weapons... assuming this rule is still valid then it makes sense to mention it.

(if not then I guess they should be mentioned as a perk?)
It says as soon as you log in to NOT pick up the house weapons.
DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Frank_Dowling Alabaster_Codify

Post by DuncUK »

:cripes:

Still, it seems appropriate to mention it.
Alabaster Codify, SA News... on a break from SZR.
anarchcow
Game Name(s): Eliad_Asulin

Post by anarchcow »

It'd be lovely for the community if someone could document the approximate size and layout, with pictures, of every level.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

How much would admins pay to have layouts/blueprints of the different houses?
Finn wrote:Yeah, the depth of idiocy one encounters in this corner of the internet does tend to get disheartening.
Louis_Phillippe

Still looking for pictures of houses level 4 and up. If you can help, then please do so.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

Here's a pic of some house, I don't know the level. Sorry:
(click on the image to enlarge)

http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67 ... mp-002.png

Also I am about to buy a house, but how will I know which interior I will get? I want the 100k house, interior A
Jonny_montana
Game Name(s): Jonny_Klasticof Jonny_Montana nooneknowsme

Post by Jonny_montana »

when you buy a house can you preview the interiers? cuz im saving up for a level 4 house and i want to know what it looks like.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

Huzzah! I have purchased a lovely level 2 house on the road parallel to the Santa Maria Beach :neck:
Jonny_montana

Post by Jonny_montana »

How much are car keys?
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

Hmm I bought the normal lock for around 21k, and the remote lock is close to 85k
Terrel_Anderson
Game Name(s): Rawr

Post by Terrel_Anderson »

qusetion: if i try to upgrade my house by selling it then rebuying, will my housecar still be the same?
Jonny_montana

Post by Jonny_montana »

Alex_Zaytsev wrote:Here's a pic of some house, I don't know the level. Sorry:
That house is level 10
Louis_Phillippe

I will keep trying to add pictures of houses, I just havent had the money. It's expensive to lose 40,50,90k per house, just for some pictures! Anyway, More is to come as soon as I can be bothered.
anarchcow
Game Name(s): Eliad_Asulin

Post by anarchcow »

Suggestion: Ask people who have different level houses for use of their home.
Jonny_montana

Post by Jonny_montana »

i got some pics of a level 6 house.
Attachments
sa-mp-002.png
sa-mp-002.png (637.36 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Jonny_montana

Post by Jonny_montana »

heres the outside
Attachments
sa-mp-001.png
sa-mp-001.png (294.71 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
Jonny_montana

Post by Jonny_montana »

somemore
sorry i didnt get any of the upstairs
Attachments
This is how you exit his house
This is how you exit his house
sa-mp-006.png (287.65 KiB) Viewed 9280 times
sa-mp-004.png
sa-mp-004.png (606.88 KiB) Viewed 9301 times
sa-mp-003.png
sa-mp-003.png (615.81 KiB) Viewed 9308 times
One_of_a_kind

Post by One_of_a_kind »

can someone please post level5 house
David_York

Post by David_York »

It's like house 3... and 4.
Chaid

Post by Chaid »

Any pictures of the inside of a level 2 house?