A suggestion for new job

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Kman
Game Name(s): Jack_Kane Apollo_Justice

A suggestion for new job

Post by Kman »

I thought of a job that could work pretty well , especially for lazy Arms Dealers and Street dealers who need crack!

Smuggler
Job: Get crack and/or materials and sell to dealers so they can sell.

Locations: Crack=A crops farm any I guess
Materials=Any Materials pickup. (Also have to deliver them so they can sell Mats)

Abilities: Selling Crack to Dealers and Materials to Arms Dealers (Cannot sell to citizens only if someones job is Drug dealer or Arms Dealer) , a flying license (For quick pickups and deliverys).

I dunno just a quick idea i thought of i'll think of more details if people get interested.
Jack_Kane/TEH NIGGERLICKER ((Main)) - Level 7 Arms dealer level 3. Currently living in: Address 172 on the L.S Beach.
Anton_Chigurh ((Alt)) - Level 1 Merc level 1. Currently living in: Homeless.

The meanie Mods on the forum don't like my big fatass sigs >=(
Lockie_Fantico
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Lockie_Fantico

Re: A suggestion for new job

Post by Lockie_Fantico »

I like it, its similar to what admins have been doing lately where you can buy materials or crack "shipments" in bulk but at a higher price. Though being able to sell drugs would make the drug dealer's job redundant, since the smuggler (fly, sell crack and materials), can do a lot more than what a drug dealer (sell pot) can do.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

I second Lockie's sentiment. The pilot's license alone would obviate the need to ever be a wheelman, when you can be a smuggler (i.e. wheelman with the earning power of drug and arms dealer combined). I like the principle behind it, but let's adjust it a bit:
  • Remove pilot's license; a truck should do just fine.
  • Allow transport of crack AND weed (that is, just generic "Drug" packages), but remove the ability to sell to players. Drug shipments should only be sold to drug houses in an automated process similar to /dropcar. The amount of money made off a shipment is inversely proportional to the amount of drugs present in a given drug house. Or, if we don't want to set a limit at the amount present in a house, then set the profit to be directly proportional to how much time has passed since a shipment has been made. (Optional addendum: the amount drug dealers pay for buying crack from said house also changes by the time since a shipment's been received, or something along those lines. Thus, we establish a balance of supply and demand.)
  • Material sales, contrary to drug sales, are to players only. Smugglers should collect materials at the same rate as Arms Dealers, lest the market be flooded with materials. (Alternative: smugglers collect materials at a faster rate than arms dealers, and police begin confiscating materials on busts. With greater returns come greater risks.)
Kman
Game Name(s): Jack_Kane Apollo_Justice

Post by Kman »

Also it's WAY more difficult because the police will start to identify the trucks and arrest Smugglers.

I even thought of the Truck Spawning location (That is a better idea Finn). How about the Truck/Gas station in the country?

I'd love to see this happen and see Police starting a "Mexican Border" and start checking Vehicles coming in and out of the country! :D

Also I think Smugglers should get pilot liscenses but only at like level 4 or 5.

RANDOM SMILEY! :suicide:
Jack_Kane/TEH NIGGERLICKER ((Main)) - Level 7 Arms dealer level 3. Currently living in: Address 172 on the L.S Beach.
Anton_Chigurh ((Alt)) - Level 1 Merc level 1. Currently living in: Homeless.

The meanie Mods on the forum don't like my big fatass sigs >=(