Make more shit to spend money on!

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Vinnie_Montana
Game Name(s): Buddy_Mclean

Make more shit to spend money on!

Post by Vinnie_Montana »

Topic speak for it self, need something we can use the huge amounts of cash you get late in game.

So fare I came up with.

Gates / Doors (Lockable) Have to cost a huge amount of money and work as the cops one.
More housecars (Like bullet / cheetah for 3mil+)
Objects ( Like jumps, box, signs, stuff for fun ore to climb)
House upgrades: Bars, special interior.

Add more to the list and say what you think.
Buddy_Mclean lvl.15 Winter hill gang
John_Freeway

Re: Make more shit to spend money on!

Post by John_Freeway »

First of all we need more things to make money...

Just hanging arround and waiting for paycheck isnt really RPG and fucking boring

They should make more jobs (like truckdriver, taxi driver, medic, fireman, or just an employee in a store that is owned by some rich dude or whatever)

Just more jobs first and then some more shit to customize and to spend your money on...
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

Vinnie_Montana wrote:Add more to the list and say what you think.
hire this guy, pay him to be your "worker" or something.
John_Freeway wrote:First of all we need more things to make money...

Just hanging arround and waiting for paycheck isnt really RPG and fucking boring
[IMG]
Vinnie_Montana

Post by Vinnie_Montana »

Aight, well we always got /contract to use the millions on.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that I like your posts.
your ok in my book.
[IMG]
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Kitty_Mason »

(Didnt realize how huge this post was going to be until my creative nipples got milked half way through)

Agree with John on this one.

Never really noticed before but, theres no 'legit' jobs on the server (Besides Wheelman i guess). I mean, what if someone just wants to RP your average hard-working truck driver, street sweeper or garbage guy, and not be involved in criminal activities to make his money?

Although i suppose a tighter police presence would be needed to make these jobs have wide appeal to people. Making them actually care, and it a big thing they really don't want to happen, if they get caught by the police.

Plus new jobs would open alsorts of new things. Especially stuff to spend your money on.

Truckers

Truck drivers could deliver tankers of fuel from the Oil Refinery, to the various gas stations, which in turn would allow cars to actually have gas tanks which require refilling.

Then these could become points to capture, earning the families money.

Or they could transport cargo from one city to another for money. (I've certainly seen truck depots in LS but dunno about SF or LV, guess there should be something viable)

Then gangs could get together and hijack trucks, making truck drivers a sort of family themselves, working together to protect each other and their precious cargo.

Mechanics

Yes i know what you're going to say, we already have Wheelmen. I think they should be separated though. I mean, to me a Mechanic fixes your car, and a Wheelman adds to it's aesthetics.

Mechanics should be able to drive the Towtrucks for starters, adding a little authenticity to them. Alongside that they should be able to (obviously) repair cars, repair a car's bodywork, change a flat shot-out tyre and fill up your car with gas when it needs it. (Not sure if any of those besides the standard repair would be possible but these are just ideas)

Wheelmen should be able to respray your car, add nitrous, genuinely mod it (with all the spoilers and fancy wheels etc. alongside the hydraulics), and maybe even fill your tank like a Mechanic. If those aren't well sought after things which players need, then maybe only give them the ability to fly planes and helicopters, and take it away from the Mechanics.

Like i said before, don't know how many of these ideas are possible (or worth the time and effort they'd take to code) but i'm just putting it out there.

Other Jobs

Other jobs i can think of, but can't be bothered figuring out entirely how they could work just yet.

Fireman
Ambulance Crew - Do we already have this? Haven't ever noticed if we do.
Garbage Man
Street Sweeper
Pizza Delivery Boy - Bringing food to those in need, food which you could store much like pot and crack.
Plain old Delivery Boy - Bring back the bicycles! Taking weapons or materials to and from lazy gun dealers.
Farmer - Grow crops of drugs to sell at the drugs factory.
Employees - If businesses became more widely used you could employ workers with business-specific skills.

Well my brain has shrivelled now. Hope i was of some use, even if only to spark some ideas in other people.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
Vinnie_Montana

Post by Vinnie_Montana »

Post is not about we need more jobs... Its about in "End game" when you hit high levels, you get huge amounts of money you dont got anything to use on!
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Kitty_Mason »

But thats what i mean, more things like businesses which people with alot of money could buy, and also employees for them to pay a wage.

The jobs would just provide a template for the business, wether it be a gas station that you own, or a pizza place.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
Vinnie_Montana

Post by Vinnie_Montana »

Would be awesome but is probably not gone be coded in before MTA.
John_Freeway

Post by John_Freeway »

Amen to your reply Kitty
I saw all of this in another server
you had truckdrivers, streetsweepers,...

Also the cars had to go and refil their tank after a while , so the cars runned on gas, and when you were out of gas you could call a wheelman to come and fill it up...

You get a hell less of criminal activity like this.

And the fact that families or gangs can buy businesses and let people work in it and earn millions and give it back to the gangmembers is just an awesome thought, like the fucking godfather.

Maybe they should also open the bet place(near the bank parking lot)
so people can bet on horses or something and the family or gang that owns it , gets the money , but if someone bets good and wins a lot of money it is the gang who has to pay out...

Anyway nice iedeas Kitty!
kenji_crash
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by kenji_crash »

It'd be cool if Farmer and Mat runner were jobs.

Mainly because it could work to create an actual In game economy.

The farmers could sell to the Drug houses. Now, let's say we made it to where the drugs sold from the drug house came from the farmers, and only if there are Farmers can there be Drugs at the drug house.

Same concept for mat runner. They run the mats and however many mats are sold to whatever point, is the number of mats that the point could sell until more runners deliver.

This could also possibly bring back use of the deserted Mat deliver points.
Suppose the beach point is fully stocked on mats. Farmers would have to sell to the others.
Or lets say they have NO mats. Gun salesmen would have to pickup Mats up from other locations...

It would be cool to have an in game economy like this
:negative:
Longbaugh01
Game Name(s): Grant_Grayson Chet_Hardstone

Post by Longbaugh01 »

kenji_crash wrote: Mainly because it could work to create an actual In game economy.
It would be cool to have an in game economy like this
We do have an in-game economy.
Characters:
Grant_Grayson - Boss - Satan's Serpents
Chet_Hardstone - LSPD Officer
John_Freeway

Post by John_Freeway »

hmm ingame economy ?
which one then ?
selling/buying guns/drugs ?

If thats how the RPG economy works , well okay then
Longbaugh01
Game Name(s): Grant_Grayson Chet_Hardstone

Post by Longbaugh01 »

Well by in-game economy I think he meant a player run economy, which we have for the most part.

A player run economy means that items that players purchase are actually manufactured and sold by other players.

The opposite would be NPCs being the only main source of items, and then the money that was used to pay for them disappearing into thin air.

Either way, using "in-game economy" to describe what he was trying to describe is probably not the best way. Instead, I think he means that he wishes for a more complex player run economy.
Characters:
Grant_Grayson - Boss - Satan's Serpents
Chet_Hardstone - LSPD Officer
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

the economy is going through overhaul in mta so money wont be injected into the economy like semen into a hookers mouth.