Tutorial: How to join a private gang

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Adj

Tutorial: How to join a private gang

Post by Adj »

You understand how to play the game and how to roleplay and now you think it’s time to join one of those hard to join gangs: The private gangs. They’ve got enough people who’d love to join them. They’re picky and it’s hard to be picked. With this tutorial you’ll improve your chances significantly.

How to join a private gang
First of all, do some research. Look for gang creation posts (http://www.szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewforum.php?f=12) or recruitment posts and other things in the streets section (http://www.szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewforum.php?f=10). Often a private gang states guidelines there. Find out what the gang is about, how they talk and what kind of people they want so you know what to roleplay. Also find out how to approach. Often you should call someone above rank 3 ingame. Use /families to see gangs and use /families [FamilyNumber] to see members and their ranks.

The first impression is very important when approaching such gang. It’s important to pick the right time of approach. If you notice someone is busy, don’t bother trying because you’ll mess up the first impression. Make sure you roleplay well, put maximum effort in your typing and English, and make things interesting. Don’t start with “Can I join?!”. First you want them to know you can type and RP well enough.

The roleplay
Ask yourself how a person would join such gang in real. Sometimes it happens by becoming an employee in the cover-up organization of a gang, like Mafia’s security firm and Yakuza’s tea house. Sometimes it happens because one person asks another for help with something (could be from both sides). Maybe you can manage to become friends with someone in the gang who could recommend you.

Checklist
Before you try to join a private gang, you should go through this checklist:
  • I understand the game (I can make money and guns and I communicate),
  • I know how to roleplay (IC/OOC difference and such. Read http://www.szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtop ... =33&t=1354),
  • My English and typing is good enough (Do not underestimate this! Don’t talk like a retard),
  • I know enough about the gang (What they do, how they act, how they’re best approached),
  • My approach will please the gang rather than disturb and irritate them.
Good luck!
Last edited by Adj on November 29th, 2008, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray_Parkour

Re: Tutorial: How to join a private gang

Post by Ray_Parkour »

Nice Tutorial, a lot of good information that new players should definitely check out - should be stickied IMHO. Nice Work. :rock:
beaver

Post by beaver »

very helpful, good tutorial, thanks
Owen

Post by Owen »

Good tutorial
Raiden_Nghai

Post by Raiden_Nghai »

Josh_Moore wrote:roflmao
August 15th, 2009,
October 3rd, 2011
Jeez thats funny, anyway it's still a good tutorial people should take a look at.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Steven aka Dylan wrote:oh my god, is there a bug? Im posting 7-9 replys in the same time...wtf?
Only click "Submit" once. It may seem as if you missed the button, but every time you click on it again, it will make another post.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"