Materials woes

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
John_Hunter
Game Name(s): John_Hunter

Materials woes

Post by John_Hunter »

First of all, the idea for three types of mats is great!
Two problems, though.

The first is this, the usage of mats is not quite good. The first time that the new system was placed in, the costs were fine, but now, they aren't. They need to be changed to the way they were.

Second, is spacing. Everything is way too cluttered.
What the hell is the point of being able to go to SF and LV if there's nothing there?!? Put at least one of the mat pickup/dropoff spots either back in SF, or in LV.

It's just my opinion, but I think that these will make everything for the better.
Member of Super Awesome Cool!
Bitches.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Re: Materials woes

Post by Chris Hansen »

John_Hunter wrote:First of all, the idea for three types of mats is great!
Two problems, though.

The first is this, the usage of mats is not quite good. The first time that the new system was placed in, the costs were fine, but now, they aren't. They need to be changed to the way they were.
Costs weren't raised by all that much. The new costs aren't that bad.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Landino_Semunchi

Post by Landino_Semunchi »

Inflation.
Mick_Jones

Post by Mick_Jones »

It's put in place to waste poopsockers money.

:arghy:
Caleb_Williams wrote:Ok all i was trying to say was we could all do a little better job rping and im not the one with jizz all over my face.
Anthony Martinez

Post by Anthony Martinez »

Mick_Jones wrote:It's put in place to waste poopsockers money.

:arghy:
MY MONEY!! NOOOO!!!
Jeffu_Koiso
John_Hunter
Game Name(s): John_Hunter

Post by John_Hunter »

The costs are just off, that's all.
Shotguns now cost as much as an Mp5, in terms of money, not mats.
That's all I was getting to.
Member of Super Awesome Cool!
Bitches.
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

John_Hunter wrote:The costs are just off, that's all.
Exactly. We (The admins) thought shotguns are powerful and thus raised the price on them.
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
mattyy

Post by mattyy »

Shotguns are always more powerful than mp5s
Dylindia Orio ~ Never forget
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Mick_Jones

Post by Mick_Jones »

mattyy wrote:Shotguns are always more powerful than mp5s
Depends on how it's used.

If you're ambushing someone (or flanking) I would prefer a shotgun because they aren't expecting it, thus probably not moving around.

Mp5s are lag spot heaven.
Caleb_Williams wrote:Ok all i was trying to say was we could all do a little better job rping and im not the one with jizz all over my face.
Sacajawea
kinda dump

Post by Sacajawea »

The prices are put in place, like they said, to make us spend our money a bit more, Ive already explained this to you in the notorious IRC5(Your the game server genius), most of us have a shit-fuck-load of money and nothing to spend it on. It also makes it harder to get guns, therefore less random white names being able to afford a spas and DM everyone. Buying guns is a choice, you aren't forced to do it. I am also sorry that you chose to play Nurglejack, you should have known, and thats the only reason your crying about this.
Elmer_Fudd
Donut Chaser

Post by Elmer_Fudd »

Cluttering is good.

Having everything spaced out keeps people from communicating.
I tawk wif a wisp.

harlll

Post by harlll »

Greg_Moyer wrote:
John_Hunter wrote:The costs are just off, that's all.
Exactly. We (The admins) thought shotguns are powerful and thus raised the price on them.
then why is it still a lvl 1 weapon?
Cyron

Post by Cyron »

Technically, they're not level 1 weapons.

According to Greg's announcement, you're supposed to be lvl 2 Arms to be able to use MatB's (which shotguns use exclusively) and lvl 4 Arms to use MatC's.

So if lvl 1 Arms can make shotty's still, the solution would be to make the system work the way Greg said it should and the problem will be solved.
(( this guy is dangerous, he was clever enough not to admit he was a lawyer )) -Rachael
horatio
kinda dump

Post by horatio »

it kind of sucks that part of the reason for the wipe was that people had too much money and we're making a return to that now
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

be a lawyer
[IMG]
Felix Landover
Game Name(s): Felix_Landover

Post by Felix Landover »

Rachael wrote:be a lawyer
Don't I know it!
Goodbye! (/me waves goodbye)
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

horatio wrote:it kind of sucks that part of the reason for the wipe was that people had too much money and we're making a return to that now
I think the economy is in a much better state now than it was before

I mean you and I came to the server about a month in and people had much more money then than they do now
Vinnie_Montana
Game Name(s): Buddy_Mclean

Post by Vinnie_Montana »

Juke wrote:
horatio wrote:it kind of sucks that part of the reason for the wipe was that people had too much money and we're making a return to that now

I mean you and I came to the server about a month in and people had much more money then than they do now
Made almost 6mil a week once... Its not really balance.
lvl 15 = 28k+
Lvl 5 carjacker = 24k
8mil 0.5 intrest = 40k

Yes thats the poopsock rate.
Buddy_Mclean lvl.15 Winter hill gang
Felix Landover
Game Name(s): Felix_Landover

Post by Felix Landover »

That's a lot of fugging money.
Need a Lemon Repaired, for oh let's see here....$500,000?
Goodbye! (/me waves goodbye)
BrotherBlunt
Game Name(s): Brother_Blunt

Post by BrotherBlunt »

I really like the new mats system myself and the prices are fine.
The only thing I see with it is; Even if you are not an Arms Dealer, you can still trade and sell your mats. As well as even if you are not an arms dealer mats can be given or sold to you.

At minimum, I think that you should have to be an Arms Dealer to trade, give, or sell mats to someone.
This keeps the trade honest in the aspect of you can't run an hour then switch jobs and still be able to give mats away.
Also if you made it to where you couldn't make yourself a weapon, you would force the economy to buy guns or mats. Finishing the circle.
Other than that I like it, it made all the points truly useful, and by making the guns require combinations, you have to be a true dealer to make money at it.

Kudos to the coding crew. Since the new system has come in I have been able to make real money in the trade I love.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

BrotherBlunt wrote:I really like the new mats system myself and the prices are fine.
The only thing I see with it is; Even if you are not an Arms Dealer, you can still trade and sell your mats. As well as even if you are not an arms dealer mats can be given or sold to you.

At minimum, I think that you should have to be an Arms Dealer to trade, give, or sell mats to someone.
This keeps the trade honest in the aspect of you can't run an hour then switch jobs and still be able to give mats away.
Also if you made it to where you couldn't make yourself a weapon, you would force the economy to buy guns or mats. Finishing the circle.
Other than that I like it, it made all the points truly useful, and by making the guns require combinations, you have to be a true dealer to make money at it.

Kudos to the coding crew. Since the new system has come in I have been able to make real money in the trade I love.
So what exactly is the point of not letting everyone buy and sell materials? I've personally been doing just that on an alt, as a drug dealer, and it's really quite difficult. You have to buy low, and sell high, and generally the arms dealers want you to pay very high prices to begin with. If you can give a real reason beyond "it seems like only arms dealers should be able to do it" I'm happy to consider changing it.

Also, the updated system is only working correctly as of noon today, PST. B mats finally cost the right amount, and so do A mats. All of the guns also cost the right amount. The rifle price was drastically lowered.

Please keep the updated criticism coming - I'm especially interested in hearing the perspective of people who fight in point battles. How has this changed things?

Also, thanks to Greg - who coded most of it, Salmon - who fixed a lot of it and helped me fix a lot of it, Joe - more fixes and help with updating /frisk, Suzuki - actually writing the spec post, and many other people for finally letting this system come to fruition.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
BrotherBlunt
Game Name(s): Brother_Blunt

Post by BrotherBlunt »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote: So what exactly is the point of not letting everyone buy and sell materials? I've personally been doing just that on an alt, as a drug dealer, and it's really quite difficult. You have to buy low, and sell high, and generally the arms dealers want you to pay very high prices to begin with. If you can give a real reason beyond "it seems like only arms dealers should be able to do it" I'm happy to consider changing it.
Well just like a drug dealer, if you are you can buy and give drugs. But once you quit you can't give drugs. Same with gun dealing if you buy up a ton of mats and switch to merc, well then you can have a friend who is a gun dealer just give you guns, you give them the materials. Takes a bite out of the economic nature of it being a job. Now anyone can run mats for a couple hours, or what is happening now, People are running mats strictly to sell mats. People who aren't gun dealers are buying the mats and stocking them up to sell to someone else or so they can switch to gun dealing for point battles. To some extent this is still going to happen, because you dont lose your mats by switching jobs. But making it limited to gun dealers only, they have to at least have that job to get mats.
This being my primary job in the server, I would rather see it limited just as it is for drug dealers. You have to be a gun dealer to get, sell, trade or accept mats.

I also personally think job contracts should be a bit longer, makes you dedicate to your job a bit. But thats just my opinion.
Strange

Post by Strange »

I agree with increasing the length of jobs. One hour is just too short, It allows people to just switch up to whatever constantly. If the jobs were a little longer, say 5 hours, then people would have to think, "Hmmm, is it worth it to switch to drug dealer just to hand out dope for the points?" I feel that switching up jobs like that is lame. "I'll be a merc now, so we can track down this fagot, then I'll be a drug dealer and give my gang drugs for the point battle coming up, then right before point, Ill be a gun dealer, get mats from someone cause I haven't run any at all, and pass out guns" This isn't the way it should work. People should have to think long and hard before dropping their job, just to cycle through three more jobs in as many hours.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Vinnie_Montana wrote:
Juke wrote:

Made almost 6mil a week once... Its not really balance.
lvl 15 = 28k+
Lvl 5 carjacker = 24k
8mil 0.5 intrest = 40k

Yes thats the poopsock rate.
There's nothing we can do to stop people from staying online a lot.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

BrotherBlunt wrote:Well just like a drug dealer, if you are you can buy and give drugs. But once you quit you can't give drugs. Same with gun dealing if you buy up a ton of mats and switch to merc, well then you can have a friend who is a gun dealer just give you guns, you give them the materials. Takes a bite out of the economic nature of it being a job. Now anyone can run mats for a couple hours, or what is happening now, People are running mats strictly to sell mats. People who aren't gun dealers are buying the mats and stocking them up to sell to someone else or so they can switch to gun dealing for point battles. To some extent this is still going to happen, because you dont lose your mats by switching jobs. But making it limited to gun dealers only, they have to at least have that job to get mats.
This being my primary job in the server, I would rather see it limited just as it is for drug dealers. You have to be a gun dealer to get, sell, trade or accept mats.

I also personally think job contracts should be a bit longer, makes you dedicate to your job a bit. But thats just my opinion.
Drug dealing will be getting an overhaul where drugs will have greater value and scarcity soon. Drugs will be able to be bought and sold by non-drug dealers.

I do agree, however, that the job contract time should increase.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))