ChewChew.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

ChewChew.

Post by Kitty_Mason »

Weird question ya but, is it possible to create automatic trains?

Like a non-player controlled train which just loops around the tracks all day without anyone needing/being able to drive it? I've read somewhere that trains are buggy, but only when someone tries to /nos them, which wouldn't even be possible if you weren't able to drive them in the first place.

Not exactly an addition that would drastically improve the server or prove immensely useful or anything. I just think it would be kinda cool, and add a bit more life into the city. Plus comes extra danger when crossing the tracks, and sweet-ass getaways by jumping onto a flat carriage as it whips by.

Not to mention a new /su 'Locomotive Eluding'. Lulzies.

Yarr a fairly pointless suggestion, and not sure how much effort would be involved, but like i said it would just be pretty darn neato.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
Alexander_Zimmermann

Re: ChewChew.

Post by Alexander_Zimmermann »

Kitty_Mason wrote:Weird question ya but, is it possible to create automatic trains?
No, it's not. Because there isn't a function to move vehicles, in the sa-mp 0.3 release, there will be fake players called actors server side controllable and do whatever you tell them to do, enter a car, kill someone, go to a position, etc.
The boiled juice from the cactus contains
the worlds highest concentration
of the hallucinogen known as mescaline.
connie_lingus
Game Name(s): Sony Panasonic - Yakuza

Post by connie_lingus »

I think people will use this opportunity to afk for paychecks.
Me can onry forgive one persahn a day, today is not your day unfortunatery, tomorrow doesn't rook good eithar.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Kitty_Mason wrote: Lulzies.
:btroll:
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

connie_lingus wrote:I think people will use this opportunity to afk for paychecks.
How? If the thing is on automatic and doesn't stop, you can't get in, and if you stand on top it doesn't register you as moving and you get AFK kicked anyway.
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

Panzerfaust wrote:
connie_lingus wrote:I think people will use this opportunity to afk for paychecks.
How? If the thing is on automatic and doesn't stop, you can't get in, and if you stand on top it doesn't register you as moving and you get AFK kicked anyway.
But your position in the world changes, thats what flags you to get kicked.
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

A train would be neat, but there's not much point as everything's crammed into Los Santos.
Image~
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

Greg_Moyer wrote: But your position in the world changes, thats what flags you to get kicked.
Oh, alright. I assumed that it worked based on if you were moving your character using the controls, not on where they're located.